This is me

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old School

Reaction score
First post, and a little about myself even if Iäm not sure what to write.

I've been into both woodwork and metalwork for quite a few years now, and often combine the two in various projects. The things that I make in wood tend to be practical. The next planned project is a garden bench form scratch. I really mean "from scratch" as I've not as yet felled the trees! Then of course time to season them will be needed! My four previous projects in wood were two coffee tables, a sewing table, and a bookshelf. The tables were finished using an older technique known as marbling.

Metalwork projects tend to be anything really, and I often combine wood and metal. A good example would be some "wrought iron" brackets for a garden bench. Metal projects can be anything from welding cars, to making drain covers.

Other hobbies include making the rads unsafe by riding a motorcycle, or when times allow, travelling round Europe in a Motorhome. Gardening is in the hobbies as well as a few other things.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hi and welcome sounds like you’re going to be busy! it’s helpful for nosy beggars like me if you could just put the county that you’re in on your Old School badge. Helps if a location is needed re supplies etc. Cheers Ian

Hi and welcome sounds like you’re going to be busy! it’s helpful for nosy beggars like me if you could just put the county that you’re in on your Old School badge. Helps if a location is needed re supplies etc. Cheers Ian

Will do Ian as soon as I can find my way around a bit better.

Hello and welcome from Surrey, grab a brew and join the madness.

Madness? Four out of the five voices in my head tell me I'm sane, and in a democracy, the majority rule!:)

Last edited:
Welcome!
You are most likely sane. Someone who starts a woodworking project by felling the tree is probably sane statistically speaking.
That the world around us is totally daft is quite another matter.

Hi and a warm welcome. I'm sane too. A special type of doctor even gave me a certificate to prove it once too

The blue three humped one wearing a bowler hat?
I though someone would be asking for it.

Is that because camels dont consider top hats fashionable any more?

Heimlaga, are camels still roaming the "pampas?" Thats an alternative name for the area you live isnt it?

No it is too wet and slippery here for camels. Which makes mikej460's camel stand out even more.

People jokingly call it Pampas because the land is fairly flat and there are rather large open fields.

Hello, if theres 4 or more of you in your head, you'll all fit right in 😆

It's when the fifth voice wins the argument in your head, then insanity ensues, in the mean time the good folk here can drive you crazy anyway 👍👍👍
Welcome to the mad house 🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂😅🤣

Will do Ian as soon as I can find my way around a bit better.

Madness? Four out of the five voices in my head tell me I'm sane, and in a democracy, the majority rule!:)
No, no, no!
Two of the voices voted to do the same thing, the other three couldn't make their mind up and each voted for something different, so the two got to decide what you do. THAT is democracy. :)

Latest posts

Back