This evening I have baked some hot cross...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
...coasters :(

OK, I scaled the recipe down from 18 to 6 but I didn't muck about with the proportions.
They taste OK, flavour-wise, but they are not HXB (unless it stands for Hot Cross Biscuits...)
Ah well, there is always tomorrow.

I call my wifes yorkshire puddings, "Norfolk pats" as they suffer the same problem ............. and NO that's not a euphemism.

Her majesty’s Yorkshire puddings tend to be soggy in the middle.
I actually prefer that bit.

Doug B":1od69lhi said:
lurker":1od69lhi said:
Her majesty’s Yorkshire puddings tend to be soggy in the middle.
I actually prefer that bit.

Aunt Besseys are always spot on :D

Her majesty has been buying those, I can’t stand them, texture like cardboard, not that I make a habit of eating cardboard.

doctor Bob":1c329im7 said:
I call my wifes yorkshire puddings, "Norfolk pats" as they suffer the same problem ............. and NO that's not a euphemism.

It's pretty hard to make Yorkshire puddings fail - unless you don't turn the oven up enough. I use same volume of everything - eggs into a cup, then flour and milk to the same level as the eggs came to. Pour the mix into hot oil so they don't stick, and bake at 200°C. You will have taken the meat out to rest for half an hour (won't you?) so crank up the heat and crisp up the roast potatoes while you do the Yorkshire puddings. Not rocket science.

Pete,
I'm feeling a wee bit smug/ pleased with my HXB effort, (though the crosses are pretty poor) -

Screenshot_20200416-163757_Gallery.jpg

Then my son got a bit flashy:

Screenshot_20200416-163829_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200416-163757_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-163757_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20200416-163829_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200416-163829_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
Back