This did not sell

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably there aren't many of us who could transport a lathe this big or have a workshop big enough to access it. Not your average hobbyists and a bit big for a lot of professionals as well. I agree that given the space and ability to move it it would be a bargain though.

Pete

RogerP":3hagraol said:
Blister":3hagraol said:
I am surprised this did not sell :?:
What a lathe for very little money
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320825014379? ... 1423.l2649

I suspect it's just too big for most people. Similar situation with metal working lathes. You can barely give away the big ones but anything that's near "benchable" sells for good money.

add that to the location, and the mention of 'fork lift' ....

When I got my wadkin RS from fleebay, I thought I'd bitten off more than I could chew. Luckily I had a friend with a big van who was willing to travel the 300 miles to collect it and then another couple of mates who helped move on wooden rollers. And then I had an old greenhouse I could convert into a place to house it. In the end it was worth it, 100" between centres and huge outboard capacity. Plus I'm getting a little obsession with old iron :lol:
Mark

Back