This chap that I know needs your help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger, I was referring to Alan's earlier chess table picture. Wasn't acually referring to the Wanadoo URL which I presume is an album of some sort rather than a single image. I'm sure Adam or somebody will be able to help.

Noel

Noel":2t2fvm2i said:
Roger, I was referring to Alan's earlier chess table picture. Wasn't acually referring to the Wanadoo URL which I presume is an album of some sort rather than a single image. I'm sure Adam or somebody will be able to help.

Noel

The picture we can see of the chess table is hosted on www.pbase.com - a website/computer server specifically designed to hold photos/images for display to friends and family on the internet, or on forums like this.

The URL posted later is probably a link to some "free" server space allocated by his ISP probably with some "album" features to allow friends and family to view an album - and with some money-making scheme behind it like you getting your pictures printed for 10-20pence per shot.

Such ISP albums are a bit hit and miss - often the images cannot be linked into forums like this which is a bit cheeky given they always market themselves as having "100MB of free space for every user" - but when you put images on and try and direct link them into a forum like this - they don't work the direct link is disabled. :evil:

However, it may be just that the link provided is not quite the right one - and hence is taking you into the part of the album you need to login to - when uploading, or deletingthe images perhaps. Maybe you could try some alternative links when viewing the album? Or search around for a tick box or similar to make the images public?

Alternatively, when viewing you album - if you "right click" whilst keeping the cursor over the image, you get a little grey box open up - which includes "properties" - if you click on this - it'll bring up a little "information" box about the image - if you highlight the "Location" bit and copy it into a posting between some IMG tags - it may be the pictures appear on here.

Shout if you want some more help.

Adam

Back