third flood in two weeks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just cleaned out the garage (again) of water, admittedly not as bad as last week but we've been having unbelievably strong downpours here in stockport, very intense.

I emptied 8 huge bucket fulls from my aldi wet/dry vac, so glad I bought it now.

The weather is starting to make me feel anxious every time it rains, my wood was moved away just in time :D

How’s the water getting in? I had an issue and sticking a length of roof batten across the threshold sorted it out.

That's a lot of cleaning up in just a fortnight.

Has anything changed within your garden or neighbour's garden to worsen this or is it just the weather?

Our garage was always bad, then the neighbour changed their fence (had to be done). The new concrete base trapped and funnelled every last drop of water towards our garage! My tools are in the shed so it doesn't bother me too much. Is it worth getting some flood defence type stuff in case of a big winter storm? Might happen the time you are working away or can't get away from work and someone else can chuck it out for you.

https://www.diy.com/departments/active- ... 829_BQ.prd

As someone living a few miles down the A6 from Stockport, I can confirm that the weather of late has been somewhat unprecedented.
While it's cold comfort, I know quite a few folk with garages at the bottom of a sloping drive that have had repeated flooding this summer. A temporary dam at the door might not be a bad idea.

Mmm...you think you have water ? RAF Spadeadam was recorded on Saturday as having the most rainfall in the country that day. As much rain in the month fell that day. Since Spadeadam is within spitting distance from us, our waterfall got rather excited. These short videos were taken on Sunday. Saturday afternoon it was twice as frisky. Luckily our house isn't anywhere near !

Water !

Waterfall

Back