Things to while away the day watching on Youtube

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my favourite woodworking video

It’s a toss up between this and the clip where he talks about having a couple of pints at lunchtime before climbing a chimney as to which one shows how Health and Safety has moved on ...

Here are some interesting new widget and gadgets; a few are even relevant to the workshop

Not so much woodworking but I found this film from the BFI about life in the countryside a while ago quite interesting

https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film...yENwDB7nBAhQyqwvY6ISttGY8ofiQhMd2q3EU2dvHITiM
Thanks for that Fidget, absolutely fascinating, it’s not that long ago but it may as well have been 500 years, for the majority of people there was no running water no electricity no mains drains and little chance of improvement unless you moved away. Houses being left derelict in the centre of Oxfordshire is not something that you can imagine now. A fascinating film that showed all aspects of life and makes you realise just how lucky we are now. Ian

Here's something that I stumbled across recently.
These guys are moving/salvaging one of those traditional timber framed Japanese temple style houses.

Some humour about Ebay knives and their great value

Not woodworking but if you enjoy a bracket these guys are good. Project Binky

B1093AE7-F149-4657-A5CF-1F181520AB78.jpeg

Is this just me or am I struggling with the accent ?!
Had to turn on subtitles ! LOL

He is a fount of knowledge it is just a pity he is more accent than actual language, some of the stuff the closed caption comes up with are hilarious. Still I now understand in order to make the best fiddle you need a diseased life, sycamore and some 2K year old Bogo

I don't think this chap posts anymore but as a turner I do like to watch how quick a production turner can bang out turnings.

This is the one and only Steve Jones, a professional woodturner. What Steve can do with a skew will leave you astounded. He posts on Instagram as stevethewoodturner and his videos are well worth watching if you aspire to turning.

This remains one of my favourites. Not woodworking but charming, completely astounding and hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like The Essential Craftsman, who seems to cover many things in building woodwork, some concrete and blacksmithing. His presentation style sits well with me :) Two different examples;

Not so much woodworking but I found this film from the BFI about life in the countryside a while ago quite interesting

https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film...yENwDB7nBAhQyqwvY6ISttGY8ofiQhMd2q3EU2dvHITiM
Fantastic film quality and insight to village life around here. We live 10 miles from Banbury which is on the northern-most edge of the region in the film. The filmed village life would have been no different than what it was (and in some cases still is) in our village. I posted it on our village facebook page so many thanks indeed 👍

Back