Things to while away the day watching on Youtube

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
Thought it would be nice to have a thread with links to interesting projects for us waste a few minutes of the day watching. So thought to start us off with the one below, it has woodwork, metalwork and even new fangled high technology space lasers (well sort of)

"Made in Sheffield 1954

This is a film made by Mr Ibberson when he was Master Cutler at Sheffield. It shows aspects of the Master Cutler’s Hall and the process of making hand-made cutlery in a small factory."

I subscribe to this guy's channel: Engel's Coach Shop.

For those of you unfamiliar with him, he's a wheelwright and coachbuilder, building and repairing horse-drawn buggys and carriages in Montana using traditional methods. He brings out a new video evey week and there's something about his laid-back presentation that's really relaxing and enjoyable.

Here's a good place to start:

I am down with what in all likelyhood is a flue.
Anyway I have some surplus time for once and is watching youtube and want to add some interresting films:

The building of a traditional færing boat in Sogn in Norway:

Raulandslaft a traditional Norwegian type of corner notch for log building:

Building an eka, a traditional small boat in central Sweden

A modern skin on frame canoe being built in Germany

Infill plane making in Germany

Forging a traditional Swedish felling axe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPid76-ji-I

Welding new steel onto a worn out axe in Norway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvAsktFTvgM

From another similar channel, "Bullet Through Playing Card- Slow Motion Epoxy Resin Art"

Touch Wood commercial
"No tricks. No computer generated images. Just the light hand of Japanese craftsmen"
Built on a hillside this massive wooden marble xylophone plays Bach's Cantata 147 - Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring.
It was released the day before a massive earthquake/tsunami in Japan.

3m 4s -

How it was made
3m 7s -

More Info & both videos
- TV Commercial: NTT DoCoMo Touch Wood SH-08C “XYLOPHONE (PLAY WOOD)”

Latest posts

Back