Things to do in Devon when you're dead...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
... or visiting relatives. :roll:

I get to spend 4 glorious days with my nearest and dearest for a long weekend this week. Goody. :| I tell you, if England had finished top of their group and playing their quarter-final on Friday, I just wouldn't have been going - they don't have a telly. :shock: So anyway, an excuse to be somewhere else might be handy, you never know... Any likely woody spot for this galoot in and around the South Hams? Timber, tools, interesting furniture/buildings etc? Plymouth would seem to be a bit of a no-go area just now as they appear to be demolishing most of it, so apart from there... I await suggestions in hope of salvation. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Not really a Devon person, except for a certain date in November. :D

So that'll be nothing to do in Devon, dead or alive, then? It merely confirms my prejudice... :wink: Heigh ho. Nothing for it but to suffer in silence and try not to think of all the footie I'm missing. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

As I've suggested to you before, Exeter airport...........

Rgds

Noel

Alf, you made 1500 posts and I didn't notice - OK I was off the forum at the time.

mucho congrats

Noel, no comment. I want to get in, and out, of Devon alive thanks very much! :wink:

Neil, good point, forgot about them.

James, it's a bit far to swing unfortunately, or I'd be up at the Toolbox too. :(

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Tony, how'd that happen? :oops:

Alf
Of course you could explore the beautiful countryside :)wink:): a stroll on Dartmoor, a walk along the lovely south hams coast etc etc - Coleton Fishacre is nice if you're in South Hams. There are some lovely trees around - is that close enough? Or a swim in the sea - you may collide with some interesing pieces of driftwood :).
But if it has to be wood related, perhaps the Devon Guild Craftsmen in Bovey Tracey (or Buvvy as the locals call it). They sometime have interesting furniture (if a small amount) on display. Can't think of anywhere else you wouldn't know. Yes as Neil says pass Atkins and Cripps and the way back and pick up some timber perhaps. Or go to Anton Coaker's farm near me in Princetown (Dartmoor) - never been there but sells british wood and has his own portable saw mill (you may have seen in at county shows?)
Cheers
Gidon

Latest posts

Back