Things that bug you!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an indication that their brain can not keep up with their mouth. They need to insert “like” to pad out the sentence to let their brain catch up. If you watch someone doing it you can often see their eye flicker up or down as they say it which is another sign of searching for an answer.
it is simply the current incarnation of “umm”.
I have four daughters of the appropriate age to suffer this infliction and counter it by assuming they mean a similar thing.
Daughter: “I have, like, an apple”
Me: “oh do you mean a peach?”
You have to persevere but it does work 😀
It's the rise in pitch at the end of a statement that makes it sound like a question . Also the starting of a sentence with the word SO. They both have me screaming.

Ahh, the mighty $ rules so my Houston TX living son tells me! ;):D

Well, in Texas, it's probably worse. Dhl is a German company, as far as I know, which probably has something to do with their unitizing every small charge and providing terrible customer service.

Packages from overseas are often delayed, and their method of providing customer service regarding where your package is is to take your request, state that they'll get back to you within a day and then wait until your package appears in the tracking system to be on the move and say, "oh, we see your package is moving, so you don't need our help".

Ups has been more reliable day to day... until you need to make a claim.

Potholes

They appear, get badly filled and reappear, get badly filled etc.
There are some near me that have now been filled badly about 10 times and they aren't cheap Do it properly once :mad:

Mark Zuckerberg's face.

Websites that pop up colourful vibrating ads wanting me to subscribe - whilst I'm in the middle of reading the article.

Potholes

They appear, get badly filled and reappear, get badly filled etc.
There are some near me that have now been filled badly about 10 times and they aren't cheap Do it properly once :mad:

It pays better to do the job poorly. Repeat business for those on that little gravy train.

The words "And Go!" after a question on FB and occasionally forums. 😡 When I see it I do "Go" without answering the twit's question. I'm not racing to help anyone!

Old grumpy Pete

yes you are :p

You are thinking in 2 planes only, a flag can also be back to front.
Droogs, I think you mean two dimensions, not planes, but that aside you've given me a lot to think about. I've printed flags and fiddled around with them and I'm now convinced more than ever that the flag can only be 'upside down' when it is attached to a flagpole.
1643727944811.png
1643728103286.png

Flag A shows the flag displayed correctly and Flag B shows it 'upside down' but, ignoring the poles for a moment, flag B is only flag A looked at from the other side - in other words they are the same. What makes A right and B wrong is the position of the flagpole relative to theflag.
:unsure: Another way of looking at it, and it pains me to say this Droogs, is that Flag B is back to front with respect to flag A. :)

Buzzwords.
Remember 'synergies' from a few years back? That one was a favorite with managers and we all had to strive to find synergies in the workplace. Thankfully it didn't last too long.
Then, anything in the affirmative was not 'yes' but 'absolutely!' That daft one hung around for a while.
And the most irritating one currently is the people who, like, use the word 'like' in every sentence, like.
Lord knows what that one means.
Oh don't start me off, horizon scanning, blue sky thinking, moving forward, stakeholders the list goes on and on. I had to laugh a few years ago when a candidate on the apprentice launched into a long management speak waffle. Karen Brady asked her if she could try again in English as she had no idea what she was on about, priceless.

Yeah similar vein... ordered a Makita cordless mower via Toolstation's ebay website as there was a 15% off deal.
Clearly advertised on the selling page, it even said "save 15% today"
Went through the whole process of put it in basket/go to pay etc only to be told 'sorry that offer has expired'
NO..!! the offer is still showing on the selling page..!!
Email Toolstation, nothing to do with them as their ebay page is run as a separate entity.
Complain via the ebay online chat "thats ok i fully understand sir, i will give you a code to get 10% off"
Apply code... 'that code is not valid' unghh..??
I was very generously given a 10% discount code to be used on bags, perfume, and make-up products..!!
Complain on the ebay 'resolution' page.... total waste of time. I was this close👌to closing my ebay account :mad:

It took me years to figure out this problem. I found any ebay voucher codes would not work for me, weird errors whenever I tried to use it, couldn't attach my nectar card to my ebay account. I could happy sell and buy. The problem is because your ebay account was created in a different countrys ebay and needs to be moved over to the UK ebay. I did this by calling them, solved in 5 mins. Hope that helps.

I was in earshot of a work management meeting and was filling up my van with stuff for men's shed. They were talking about employing new staff and they discussed the same point about not employing staff to a particular role but in a generic capacity for well over 39mins
Well, in Texas, it's probably worse. Dhl is a German company, as far as I know, which probably has something to do with their unitizing every small charge and providing terrible customer service.

Packages from overseas are often delayed, and their method of providing customer service regarding where your package is is to take your request, state that they'll get back to you within a day and then wait until your package appears in the tracking system to be on the move and say, "oh, we see your package is moving, so you don't need our help".

Ups has been more reliable day to day... until you need to make a claim.
You haven't tried Herpes (I meant Hermes honestly!) Tbf!

I think the problem with the original advertisement on amazon is a seller listing error. The seller has setup their amazon seller account and simply found the product and clicked "i have one of those to sell for £x and shipping is £y and im prepared to ship to the UK" - it's basically that simple.

The seller should be telling amazon: "i have one of those to sell for £x, shipping will be £y, and there will be an additional charge of £z which covers customs and duty, you pay it now and amazon/me-the-seller will sort it out - none of your problem". That is how amazon does it with some other things. Ive seen it on some ryobi and milwaukee kit they sell.

You haven't tried Herpes (I meant Hermes honestly!) Tbf!

I've had packages delivered here that started at "my herpes" there, but they're delivered as priority by the post office here, so it works out OK.

(sort of a foreign concept here that anyone could deliver small packages cheaper than the postal system)

Last edited:
Back