Things that bug you!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having gone to school for math, mathematical nits in general are annoying. I think editors of news articles don't do much calculating of things, and articles where two figures are given (that are supposed to go together) often have two figures that ,well....can't go together. It's distracting and avoidable.

It never takes long to find something. Plane will go from beijing to NY in one hour.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/chinese-supersonic-aircraft-fly-beijing-150332049.html
And it goes 2600 miles per hour.

does it have a special clamp that cinches the earth together temporarily while it flies?

The lack of Festool stock … I’ve been waiting for the OF1400 to come back into stock since November … latest from Festool UK is April … ahhhh!

My mate gave me a petrol mower which didn't work.....
I didn't have the heart to tell him to put fuel in it!
My next door neighbour gave me a really good Honda mower because he had spent the previous YEAR trying to start it. Closed choke and 3 pulls and away it went. He is an actor so shouldn't be too surprised.

Waking up at 3-4am needing a pee when you have only drank half a pint of cider.
Then cannot get back to sleep!!
Wash your face in COLD water and rinse your mouth out. Counterintuitive but it's worked for me for 30 years .

Actually upside down is now the political statement. Thanks to all those who are into the big conspiracy. Its easy to spot with most flags but you need a closer look when its the union jack. So they were perhaps ignorant as to what way up it should be or making the ignorant political statement.
Regards
John
You only have to look at all those 'hand-waving' Union flags, stabled together in China, to see how many are uppsy-down.

I'm becoming confused by the union flag and 'upside down'. Looking at the illustration of the flag, it is possible to turn it upside down in two ways: it can be rotated or flipped top to bottom. If rotated, it remains identical. If flipped, it would still be identical if viewed from the other side - and, when flying, flags always are viewed from both sides. It seems to me that 'upside down' only becomes possible by adding a pole - as Artie suggested a few posts ago. Looking again at the illustration, the flag flying with the pole on its left would be the opposite way up if it were attached to the pole by it's right hand side.
Or am I hopelessly muddled?
Yes! :ROFLMAO:

My next door neighbour gave me a really good Honda mower because he had spent the previous YEAR trying to start it. Closed choke and 3 pulls and away it went. He is an actor so shouldn't be too surprised.

bought one much the same - foreign couple here with a small yard, husband was some kind of business owner and decided he wanted to mow his lawn (as it was the thing to do in the high cost neighborhood where they lived). The next year, he decided he wanted to pay someone, and year 3, for some reason, his wife decided she wanted to do it.

Neither could get the mower started (honda) but didn't tell me that. One year of use, 1/3rd of new price. It did take about 20 pulls to get fuel in it (no choke other than throttle position) but it started I shut it off, loaded it in the car, and paid her and she looked as if she had second thoughts as I was driving off.

17 years later, still runs fine and has needed nothing other than some linkage adjustments (lives easy now due to getting a reel a few years ago, so the ability to start after little use is even more important).

Coworkers often mention the same thing. "hating" all of their gas powered tools because they can't get them started. I've not ever had anything that didn't start, but have had some gas tools that had fuel line issues ($5 fix) when ethanol became the norm here (10-15% in gas - older fuel lines went from fine to 50 little cracks the next year).

Droogs, I think you mean two dimensions, not planes, but that aside you've given me a lot to think about. I've printed flags and fiddled around with them and I'm now convinced more than ever that the flag can only be 'upside down' when it is attached to a flagpole.
View attachment 128426View attachment 128429
Flag A shows the flag displayed correctly and Flag B shows it 'upside down' but, ignoring the poles for a moment, flag B is only flag A looked at from the other side - in other words they are the same. What makes A right and B wrong is the position of the flagpole relative to theflag.
:unsure: Another way of looking at it, and it pains me to say this Droogs, is that Flag B is back to front with respect to flag A. :)
Exactly.(y)

bought one much the same - foreign couple here with a small yard, husband was some kind of business owner and decided he wanted to mow his lawn (as it was the thing to do in the high cost neighborhood where they lived). The next year, he decided he wanted to pay someone, and year 3, for some reason, his wife decided she wanted to do it.

Neither could get the mower started (honda) but didn't tell me that. One year of use, 1/3rd of new price. It did take about 20 pulls to get fuel in it (no choke other than throttle position) but it started I shut it off, loaded it in the car, and paid her and she looked as if she had second thoughts as I was driving off.

17 years later, still runs fine and has needed nothing other than some linkage adjustments (lives easy now due to getting a reel a few years ago, so the ability to start after little use is even more important).

Coworkers often mention the same thing. "hating" all of their gas powered tools because they can't get them started. I've not ever had anything that didn't start, but have had some gas tools that had fuel line issues ($5 fix) when ethanol became the norm here (10-15% in gas - older fuel lines went from fine to 50 little cracks the next year).
I see those cow 'orkers' are back!:ROFLMAO:

Wash your face in COLD water and rinse your mouth out. Counterintuitive but it's worked for me for 30 years
Very interesting !! I will give it a try it. How did you discover that?? I was considering trying 2 sleeps. I quite often wake in the middle of the night and get up for a couple of hours.

Very interesting !! I will give it a try it. How did you discover that?? I was considering trying 2 sleeps. I quite often wake in the middle of the night and get up for a couple of hours.
Accidentally. Just did it one night and noticed I fell asleep as soon as I got back to bed .used it ever since .At least75 % effective. Hope it works for you.

I used a vacuum for years that a relative had thrown out as useless - I changed the fuse.
I once had a German man drive from somewhere in Wales to my business in Paddington with a non-working full size arcade machine(actually a Space Invaders machine). He arrived at about 7:30 on a Saturday morning, and was lucky to catch me in. It was the main fuse that had gone.
He bought me breakfast, had a wet shave(I only remember that because he forgot the shaving brush), then loaded up and drove back to Wales. After I changed the fuse he kept repeating "I laugh my head off!".

I used to check non working vacuum cleaners in a hotel - nine times out of ten there was a break in the lead, usually an inch or two back from the cable grip at either end. My friend used to repair small electrical goods for a living - he told me a good chunk of his income came from this.

I went to buy a petrol engined wacker plate and some heavy gauge racking....No probs with anything but in the corner was a German Diesel wacker plate...a monster of a thing......
Iasked if it was for sale....he said it has never run in the years he's owned it and give me a 10enner for scrap......
they didnt use the excess fuel start device.....ran first time.....
wish I had it now, better than the lightweight Honda thing I have....
and speaking of a Honda power....
I needed a brush cutter on wheels....
the only thing that was a avail new was a Husqvarna at 900euros....!!!!!.
so made this.....the engine was a gift... its about 40 years old...still starts and runs second pull.....wheels from a wheel chair, tool bag is a blown air bag from a Reno...she aint pretty but runs all day with no probs....
U cant keep a good Honda down....
Oh, the front pulley is from a 50's Massey Fergy water pump.......
IMG_0679.JPG

Back