Things that bug you!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Potholes

They appear, get badly filled and reappear, get badly filled etc.
There are some near me that have now been filled badly about 10 times and they aren't cheap Do it properly once :mad:

You cannot beat repeat orders to keep employed .

84% of 143 women say ...

So there's 0.12 of woman about somewhere? :)

Having gone to school for math, mathematical nits in general are annoying. I think editors of news articles don't do much calculating of things, and articles where two figures are given (that are supposed to go together) often have two figures that ,well....can't go together. It's distracting and avoidable.

Droogs, I think you mean two dimensions, not planes, but that aside you've given me a lot to think about. I've printed flags and fiddled around with them and I'm now convinced more than ever that the flag can only be 'upside down' when it is attached to a flagpole.
View attachment 128426View attachment 128429
Flag A shows the flag displayed correctly and Flag B shows it 'upside down' but, ignoring the poles for a moment, flag B is only flag A looked at from the other side - in other words they are the same. What makes A right and B wrong is the position of the flagpole relative to theflag.
:unsure: Another way of looking at it, and it pains me to say this Droogs, is that Flag B is back to front with respect to flag A. :)
I'm truly sorry if I've caused you to miss any sleep

The main reason a Union flag can be upside down is that the flag has 2 lanyards to attach to the halyard on the pole, they are not the same length. The short one is at the top of the flag and ensures the flag is as high as possible on the pole. If the flag is attached with thlong one at the top the flag will be upside down due to the fact that the flag has the pattern on both sides but only one shows the flag pattern in the correct way with the thin stripes in the lower left corner.

I'm truly sorry if I've caused you to miss any sleep

The main reason a Union flag can be upside down is that the flag has 2 lanyards to attach to the halyard on the pole, they are not the same length. The short one is at the top of the flag and ensures the flag is as high as possible on the pole. If the flag is attached with thlong one at the top the flag will be upside down due to the fact that the flag has the pattern on both sides but only one shows the flag pattern in the correct way with the thin stripes in the lower left corner.
I think that's what I said but without mentioning how the flag is attached to the pole. My mental exercise is done - I'm flagging!

And one star - why? because the courier was a day late. Another gem was a very good chainsaw given one star because it arrived with no petrol in it. :LOL:
My mate gave me a petrol mower which didn't work.....
I didn't have the heart to tell him to put fuel in it!

How about a challenge to build a wooden bike, maybe allow the chain and sprockets but all else in wood, yes maybe rubber tyres as well.
Theres some really good builds on youtube. Im not a road cyclist / menace 😆 but theres some nice looking creations out there
I get quite unreasonably annoyed by reviewers that say 'I don't know if it's any good because I haven't used it yet.' Screwfix is rife with them. WHY SAY IT????
Because of the email. The day after purchase you get offered a llace in a prize draw for 100 quid if you do a review. Im too lazy 🤣😆

The worst thing you can do is go to bed before you are actually knackered.... that usually results in me being awake until 3 or 4, wishing i could go to sleep 😴
Why does ME going to bed before I am knackered result in YOU being awake until 3 or 4?
Is this some new form of telepathy?

Don't you just hate "So" before it gets you it's been up other peoples noses too (good excuse to wear a mask)
I know I know Masks are another pet hate for some.

I think that's what I said but without mentioning how the flag is attached to the pole. My mental exercise is done - I'm flagging!
Here is the definitive answer to @Droogs assertions regarding the correct orientation of the 'Jack' :
Union Flag: FAQs - College of Arms

Also the correct dimensions here:
https://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/images/downloads/Union_Flag_5-3_guide_v3.pdfhttps://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/images/downloads/Union_Flag_2-1_guide_v3.pdf
And to answer the question:

Why is the cross of St Patrick offset on the Union Jack?

This was considered unacceptable by the designers and St Patrick's cross was offset to give more prominence to St Andrew's cross as it was part of the original flag, and Scotland was seen as a more senior partner in the Union.

Last edited:
What will the " Union Jack " look like once Scotland has gained independance and is no longer part of the union?

And loyality, no longer seems to pay because all the best offers are for new customers and companies like BT do not make switching easy because to become a new customer means you have to be disconnected for a period of time unless you have a new address and new name, you cannot just open a new account in your partners name.

aviva who didnt even attempt to keep me as a customer when i tried to query the car insurance price increase. if they would have matched the other insurers price they could have kept me but their loss after all!!!

Back