Things hot up across the 49th parallel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
I was surprised no-one had to got to this one before me, especially these days when you're all careering down the Slope ahead of me! :roll: I don't know whether the Man from Maine is feeling a draught from the North, but he's launched a ductile iron version of the #102 low angle block plane. Surprise, surprise; it's the same price, give or take a buck, as the L-V apron plane...

Cheers, Alf

I wonder if the market for this sort of tool (LN, LV etc. quality handtools) is static, expanding or contracting? I would have guessed that it was expanding looking at the new products but this new 102 by LN does make you wonder.

Whilst competition is a fine thing up to a point, I certainly hope it doesn't kill off any of these really good makers.

Incidentally, I think I use my little LN 102 more than any other tool I have.

Chris/Alf,
Yeah, Love my 102-that bronze looks great and really gives it some heft. Almost makes me wonder why I bought the adjustable mouth one also. (and no collector style jokes please :lol: :lol: ). Wish all my planes (except the wooden ones) were made of bronze-a rust free zone!.
Like you say though-is there a big enough market? Maybe TLN feels his toes are being tread on?
Philly :D

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure if it was a positive move. L-V have been rather muscling in on the L-N range, so it wouldn't be surprising if L-N were a bit concerned.

Love my #103 too, btw. Adjustable mouths? Pah, who needs 'em?

Cheers, Alf

Back