Thermostats

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm65

Established Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, my house doesn't have a thermostat and unsurprisingly, it costs a fortune to run the central heating - over £3 a day to run 4 rads and some hot water

So, I want to add one !

Manual for the boiler states it must be volt free which to me, means no feed to it, just a connection to the boiler - am I thinking right here

Next off, I was just going to get a traditional mechanical jobby but there are loads of wireless ones available which would save some house bashing and have useful programming ability

Are these wireless jobs any good ? does anyone use one or fit them ? are they worth the additional cost leaving aside the additional work required hard wired ?

Yep! I have a Honeywell wireless Thermostat, It works well!
It is about 40 feet away from our Combi boiler and the opposite side of the house, so quite a range.
HTH Regards Rodders

We use Drayton Digistat RF1 and they haven't missed a beat in the 6 years we've had them. Easy to use and install and batteries last forever.

dm65":9ms4r48x said:
It does Rodders, thanks

At 40ft range, that's got to be going through at least one wall I guess

Which one are you using ?

Don't know which model, I'll try and find the destructions tomorrow.
What's in between? Assuming a straight signal line, two stud walls, and an 18" cob wall between the boiler and sender and 10, or 12 feet lower. Regards Rodders

honeywell y6630d1007 is my wireless stat of choice, no complicated linking procedure like the drayton one, every time you change the battery's it will auto connect to base.

Back