There's well deserved then, boyo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I don't honestly care if England win, lose or draw; the best team with the best rugby have deservedly won the Six Nations and the Grand Slam. Well played, Wales. Crackingly good game - again.

I imagine we won't hear anything from the Welsh membership until late tomorow afternoon at the earliest... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Rugby supporter, not team supporter (but c'mon England :wink: )

Well deserved indeed! Well played the Welsh!!

When I used to follow their every move they never won, now I've had to let my attention wander they go and win grrr :wink:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Missed the England game but many congratulations to them on coming fourth! After the Grand Slam, Triple Crown and Championship game, LOML drove me, unplanned spur-of-the-moment job, to the Rhondda to join some folks for dinner! And she doesn't even like rugby - there's dedication for you - but she does like to keep me happy!

We've had a super time - they're singing in the valleys tonight!

Just got back and time now for a bit of shut-eye, hic.. hic... hic......

Cheers,

Trev.

trevtheturner":9tbihtbl said:
We've had a super time - they're singing in the valleys tonight!

Just got back and time now for a bit of shut-eye, hic.. hic... hic......

5:21 am :wink:

An absolutely briiliant result.

Cheers
Neil

Well done Wales indeed. I was chuiffed to bits for them when they got the grand slam- well deserved

Also, England finally got their act together in the last few matches which was a relief.

Oi you lot I said I havent watched the match yet, stop going on about it. It could spoil my evenings entertainment.

Bean

Absolutely well done - couldn't agree more with the previous comments.

It can only be good for world rugby to have the Welsh competetive again, and the flair the team demonstrated was a joy to watch.

As an ardent English supporter, I still say we should/could have won the French and Ireland matches, but can't say that's the case with the Wales match.

What a difference for England having a forward as captain again, too - most of that forward indiscipline that lost the French game - gone. Just think - Jason Robinson, back there in defence
i say, behave yourselves
Martin Correy, up front
Oi! Don't!
lol

Well done Wales, and here's looking forward to next season, and the world cup again the year after :)

Bean":1mq3059t said:
Oi you lot I said I havent watched the match yet, stop going on about it. It could spoil my evenings entertainment.
I can't help but wonder at the logic behind reading this thread then... :? :roll: :lol: :wink:

Esp, love the "quotes" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

First of all Well done to the Welsh U 21s on their Grand Slam win nice to know that there is also up and coming talent behind your National team

We breathe, eat and sleep rugby in South Wales so you can understand
what this win means to us after being barren for so many years

Very dry celebration for me as I was 12hr nights but cant complain as my shift pattern allowed me to see the other games in the local with a bowl of cawl, faggots and peas and a good swig of Brains SA (skull attack) you know what I'm on about Trev

Looking at the state of the boys coming into work this morning I think the South Wales pubs and clubs made a killing yesterday hell of a mess on them, lucky beggers

Anyway our sites will be focused on world cup as for lions tour there must be a few more Sions on the list not all of them, but a few more

Cheers....Llangatwgnedd

p.s. ran a spell check and beggers came up as pippers so it must be ok to use on this forum :lol:

Espedair Street":3fhzx1hm said:
. Just think - Jason Robinson, back there in defence [

Interesting ESP. I would have said that part of England's turn around came from Jason Robinson being taken out and replaced by Balshaw in the last couple of matches. I really rated JR when he joined the team but think that he has played pretty poorly for a while now.

2p worth :wink:

i think you've misunderstood my post Tony - the gist of the latter part of the post was about the improvement since JR's not been captain (which i think is what you're saying)...although I didn't refer to his lack of presence on the field. For once, since others have understood what I meant, I can believe it's not my lack of eloquence!

JR has, of course, not been missed out, just is injured. But, in fact, I've never actually been a fan of JR as a player. OK, as a winger, given the space and the opportunity, he created some truly sublime moments. Those have been few and far between since he's been full back, and even fewer since he's been captain. At the end of the day, he came from League, and has it ingrained in him to make ground, then go to ground. Not a trait you want in Union where the tackle isn't the end of the play. With Charlie Hodgson's boot letting him down recently, the lack of a kicking full back has been hard on the side, especially since Henry Paul's fall from grace.

The question remaining is what happens when Johnny gets back? Hodgson is, arguably, the better fly half, especially going forward, but Johnny is (hopefully still) the world's best goal kicker.

Espedair Street":1k4i2nsf said:
i think you've misunderstood my post Tony - the gist of the latter part of the post was about the improvement since JR's not been captain (which i think is what you're saying)...although I didn't refer to his lack of presence on the field. For once, since others have understood what I meant, I can believe it's not my lack of eloquence!.

It was clearly me ESP - misread your post as I was not aware that JR had been captain :oops:

I do know that JR was injured, not dropped but my point is, I think, still valid.
In my opinion, Balshaw is the better player despite JRs occasional flashes of brilliance :wink:

Through gritted theeth I'll also congratulate the wels - great for rugby to have the championship turned on it's head. I obviously would have like to see the irish do better, but in my opinion we did not play well enough in any game to be in with a shout. In fact in the last quater of the welsh game when we stopped kicking away posesion and kept the ball in had, we looked like a good side - ho hum, just have to hope for some irish sucess in the Heineken cup - bit depressing in this part of the world, being an ardent munster supporter and all!

Tony said
Also, England finally got their act together in the last few matches which was a relief.

Against Italy and scotland - grasping at straws???

Les

Ok I've finally watched it, well the difference is amazing some real decision making at last, and the forwards are standing up to be counted. JR will never be a captain, he showed that in the French Game, poor decision making. Corry apart from being a local lad has been around the game in the A side Internationals for a long while, and has a good head on him. Things for England can only look up.

As for Wales what do you say, It took me back to my youth, Red shirts swarming over the pitch being creative, Well Done to Wales long may it continue.

I am sure the the game as a whole lost out when the leagues were set up and the club local English Welsh games were lost. Welsh rugby has an intensity and a ferocious front row to go with it (I can remember being on the recieving end a few times) it looks like its back which must be to the benefit of the whole game.

Bean

Hi SP,

Like your avatar - think it's the best I've ever seen! :lol: :lol:

Just about got over Saturday night in Tylorstown :roll: . And I was in a quiet part - apparently Cardiff RFC took £30K across their bar throughout Saturday/night! :shock:

Yes - faggots & peas and a coupla pints of SA - marvellous!

IMO pity that Brains decided to 'modernise' that internationally renowned meeting place, The Old Arcade, a while back. :cry: :cry: I've enjoyed many a happy hour in there on match days, and other days.

Cheers,

Trev.

Back