The Woodworker - Competition results intermediate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone, this was a close one, the score went one way then the other but finally we have a result.

In second place cd with his fantastic bird box. When I came up with the idea of the comp I never dreamt that someone would be brave enough to turn MDF and to such good effect.

So this makes the winner Philly with his MDF plane. I think he may be starting a production run soon!

Well done

Keith

Well done Philly the plane was an excellent idea, only matched by the quality of finish.

Regards

Woody

Congratulations Philly, and commiserations CD. Both are smashing projects that you can be proud of. I'm sure the decision must have been a close call and involved the judges flipping a coin somewhere along the line.

Gill

Well I dunno; think I might have disqualified Philly on grounds of taste... :wink: :lol: Well done to you both. :D

Cheers, Alf

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/
I've won!!!??? Surely not?
I don't know what to say-I'm lost for words (or is that "lost for texts"? :roll: )
Apologies to all for using MDF in this perverted kinda way, but the plane worked out well. It was fun to make and actually works! What more do you want?
Spurred on by this success I better get working on an improved version. Maybe I could use ply. Or playdough....... :lol: :lol:
Thanks to the judges and keith and the Woodwortker for putting this competition together!
cheers
Philly :D
Who needs to sit down, now...

Philly,

Suitable penance for this unfortunate event will be if you modify your avatar to include your winning entry alongside Clifton's meagre offerings and keep using the avatar for at least a month!

Well I'm chuffed that I managed to get this far and a second place in my first comp \:D/ cant ask for more than that.
Thanks to the judges for doing a job that I wouldn't have wanted. I thought all the entries were excellent and certainly couldn't have chosen between them. And thanks to Keith for getting this all organised.

As its all over now the WIP pics are here for anyone who's interested but ignore the rest of the website for now. (i've only had it a couple of weeks and I'm still setting it up.

cd

who's looking forward to the next competetion :D

Latest posts

Back