The Woodworker - Competition results Beginners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
Firstly I would like to thank everyone for entering and the judges who have had a hard time judging but we have a result.

In the beginner category the third place goes to Jorden with his crosscut sled.

Second place Mudman with his piano stool, very nicely made and excellent proportions but lost out because it didn't incorporate a really imaginative use of materials.

And first prize therefore goes to StevieB with his plywood box, congratulations to Steve for a very novel use of this material.

Admin edit of title.

congrats Steve!!! BTW did you see Grand Designs last night? The couple were making a Log Cabin. Their kitchen worktop was made using ply in the same way you have used it here. Obviously the missus didn't understand what I was pointing at! 8)

Cor, I didnt expect to win :shock:

Many thanks for the congratulations, and to the judges as it must have been a tough decision - I thought the piano stool had it for sure!

Cheers,

Steve.

They are all projects to be proud of. Well done to everyone who participated.

Gill

Well done Steve. I am sure that the other judges will agree, this was a very close race, and all 3 of you should be proud of your entries.

Regards

Woody

Great stuff all of you. Congrats, Steve. =D> Beginners though? Hah, pull the other one, it's got bells on. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back