The Woodworker - Competition results Advanced

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
As with all the other categories this was a close score but after adding up twice we have;

In second place DaveL with his outstanding workbench, pipped at the post by our wiiner.............

Andy Boyd who wins the Lie-Nielsen No4 with his pear and walnut TV cabinet. A fine piece by any standards

Well done

Keith

Congratulations to you both for excellent projects, it must have been very difficult for the judges.

Also thanks to the judges for their time and, especially, to Keith for all of his hard work.

Cheers
Neil

Tough one, that; glad I wasn't judging. Too bad, Andy; you'll just have to adjust the tool cabinet... :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

I felt humbled by the quality of both entries. No matter who won, this competition proves that we are in the company of some very fine woodworkers.

Gill

What can I say I'm overwhelmed, I never thought for a moment I'd win :oops:

Please let the sponsors of the competition know I'd be happy to pay the extra postage since I'm a Brit abroad.

Alf your right, another tool cabinet needs to be built. I'm hatching a plan to fully rat it, and have some wonderful sycamore veneer to grace the doors (ah ha more multiplex). And I've just seen a video of the famed Studley Tool Cabinet http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00088.asp :-k

and how each section folds out to reveal other folding out sections - I might do a little of that - even may steal the idea of the car boot gas struts from Ian Daziel

Since I'm a Stanley Bedrock nut I can finally see if all this high praise for the LN No 4 is true.

Diolch yn Fawr :eek:ccasion5:

Andy, well done :D that is one lovely cabinet.

I am more than happy with the result of getting the bench made, the competition made me focus on getting it finished. :shock:

Many thanks to Keith for supporting the competition and to the judges for their time and effort in getting to the white smoke to show. 8)

Back