The Woodworker and Woodturner competition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Keith maybe I will have to step up a catagory :wink:

Now that chess table has got some MDF and skinply in it & I took some WIP pic,s :D

J

Jason I think there will be a massive gasp of relief from all those hoping to get a stab at the Lie-Nielsen when I point out one of the rules of the competition.

Other than the 3 photos for the entry, no construction details/ pictures in progress may be posted on the site until after close of competition

As you have already posted details on the site, including a link to lots of wip photo's, I'm sorry but it can't be entered.
:cry:

Keith

:D sounds great, but I have a big Q for you judges.
As a pro maker , competions don't often coincide with commisions and a 1 off project no matter how small or large does NOT pay the bills I am afraid to say :(
So, I have recently finished and delivered a project, which would meet the comp's critirea,may I enter it. ?
As for the next few months, I am nowhere near my workshop as I am on site 800km from it :( thus have NO chance of making anything for this comp.{ am in badly need of new sharpening stones :oops: }

all the best from a wet and snowy HS

houtslarger, this is not a yes as Keith/judge will have to agree, but as you have not shown any wip photos, and if it fits the critirea i do not see why not.

But as i have said this is up to Keith/judge

Regards

Woody

houtslager":3otn3vcq said:
:D sounds great, but I have a big Q for you judges.
As a pro maker , competions don't often coincide with commisions and a 1 off project no matter how small or large does NOT pay the bills I am afraid to say :(
So, I have recently finished and delivered a project, which would meet the comp's critirea,may I enter it. ?
As for the next few months, I am nowhere near my workshop as I am on site 800km from it :( thus have NO chance of making anything for this comp.{ am in badly need of new sharpening stones :oops: }

all the best from a wet and snowy HS

If you have already finished a project and it meets the criteria then there is no reason why you can't enter; but as "a pro maker" I would imagine it would have to go in the advanced category :wink:

Keith

Keith Smith":xjkz2ano said:
Just for everyones information Alf has decided that she no longer wishes to be a judge in the competition.

Keith

she must have her eye on one of the prizes :p

Keith, No problem with not entering the table. As I'm not a competitive type of person its fairly unlikely that I will enter the comp anyway. Also I have a long orderbook so what little spare time I have will be taken up with other things, need to repot a lot of my bonsai in the comming month, thats if the weather improoves :(

Jason

Scotty I've just looked at your table, I'm very impressed but can't see any man made material in the construction :-k the top looks solid to me not ply.

If you were to fit the glass section to the shelf that would be a different matter though.

Keith

Back