The wall

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
An Englishman, an Irishman, a Scotsman and a Welshman were strolling along a beach when the Irishman noticed a small pot amongst the flotsam. He picked it up and brushed the sand off. A genie immediately appeared and to show his gratitude at being freed offered each of them a wish.
The Irishman said, "I wish all the rivers in Ireland were full of Guinness. The Scotsman said, "I wish all of the rivers in Scotland were filled with Scotch Whisky." The Englishman said I wish for a wall forty feet high by forty feet thick to be built around England to keep our drunken neighbours out". The Welshman said, " What was the size of that wall again?"
The Englishman replied, "Forty feet high by forty feet thick."
"In that case" said the Welshman, "I wish that the space within the wall is filled with water."

No John, as with Pete I didn't get it at first. The Welsh chappie wants to drown all the English.

Roy.

Oh, I got it OK Roy. Sounds a bit like noses and faces to me. I used to work along the vallies and they ain't all the lovely places they seem to be called me thinks :twisted: :twisted:

Our gaurigue is better with wild tyme, lavender, rosemary and all will do for me. From now we will have to be careful about walking in there to so as we don't walk on all of the wild orchids too 8) 8)

I saw an interview on TV once about the 'Vallies' and a Welsh chap stated, 'there are 3 million people in Wales and 10 million Welshmen outside singing about the bloody place!' :lol:
Where I am orchids grow on the cliff tops, the road side verges and near the local tip. Fortunatley the government isn't planning any new cities near here, I'm running out of places to hide away.

Roy.

Sounds like a nice bit to be in Roy! I hope that it stays that way for you mate :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

One of the reasons that I am not a great fan of Wales is that as a 16 year old I was at St Athans, nr Barry for 18 months and it wasn't very pleasent. I swore that I would never go back and so far I haven't. From where we are now it doesn't look likely either.

Mind you we had a lovely holiday on the back on Pendine beach, apart from the fact that the bleedin wind nearly destroyed our new tent!

As a departing gesture we had a final walk along the beach before going home, found the tail of a 3" mortar bomb sticking out of the sand, couldn't find anyone interested in it until we stopped, on our way home, at a pub a mile or so on the way and mentioned it to a couple of blokes having a pint. They vanished at the speed of light. They were a couple of the guys who have to defuse the old ordanance that appears there all the time. But, they did give us a very big thank you for telling them before leaving.

They wash up from time to time. Cardigan Bay was used to dump bombs and other explosives after WW2.
It is a lovely place to live, we live at the bottom of a valley and the wife frequently states that she never tires of the view, that after 22 years!

Roy.

Back