The usual bank holiday saga ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR147

Established Member
Reaction score
Over the 4 day weekend I planned to build a mobile base for my MFT table with storage. So I made sure before Friday I had all the plywood I needed, some edgebanding etc. I even bought an edgebanding end trimmer and normal trimmer to make life easier. I knew I had plenty of glue and screws so I was all set.

Over the last day or so I've finalised the design, cut all the wood to size, cut out various slots and holes for cables, and applied edgebanding. Really solid progress, but to make construction easier I decided to use pocket hole screws, so I spent a fun hour drilling pocket holes.

I thought I'd get a couple of sides glued and screwed before calling it a day. Got everything ready to go and reached for the box of pocket hole screws. There's about 10 left in the box, and most shops that sell them are shut tomorrow.

Standard bank holiday cock up!

I feel for you. I'm building loft beds for my children this weekend and have tried to ensure that I've got everything so that I'm not held up tomorrow. It's nuts really that the shops being shut for one day should be an issue but I don't want to wage a day because I'm short of something.

Where do you live? I'm on the South Coast and have a selection box of Kreg screws almost untouched so you're welcome to borrow some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind offer DiscoStu, much appreciated.

Amazon express delivery to the rescue tomorrow with 500 screws on their way ...

Just in case anyone else is stuck, Toolstation are open 9 to 4 on Easter Sunday.

Selling essential supplies maybe - certainly essentials for us practical types when we run out.

Emergency plumbers have to get bit from somewhere?

Just at the time I would want to hide in the workshop, I've been banned by SWMBO as the "family" are descending - not a practical one amongst them so we don't have a lot in common to chat about.

I don't think essential supplies has anything to do with it. I can only assume that tool station are below the 3000 odd square ft that allows small shops to open. Unless they are happy to accept the fine - but I thought it was quite a lot. I can remember when B&Q first started the Sunday opening and you could buy an Orange for £79 and get a free drill. That was all to get around Sunday trading laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they sent the wrong screws after all that, fine thread not coarse!

I've taken the hint, downed tools and opened the wine! At least shops are open tomorrow.

Back