The ultimate weekend project? :wink:

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew someone in the US who made violins and violas for a living. His wife was a music teacher, too. He estimated about 400 hours in each one... Long weekend?

For some reason I was persuaded at school to try and play the violin it really does make the most god awful noise and there are no hints as to where to place ones fingers. I am in awe of anyone you manages to play any kind of instrument but the violin especially.

Andy

Nice one Chiba!
By the way, how's the "miniature" woodworking coming along? Haven't heard from you in a while.
best regards
Philly :D

The woodworking of all types is kind of on hold at the moment, as there's another mini project going on, born three months ago. I'm sizing him up for his overalls already though. :D I feel like a character from Monty Python's Holy Grail, you know, definitely not a king. It's also been damn hot over here, in fact over 30c for nearly 70 days now, topping out at 40 odd on a few days, and a lovely 80 odd percent humidity to go with it. If I catch an early train to work, I can be entertained by how rusty the rails have got overnight...

Latest posts

Back