the ukulele of density

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, if you saw how bad I am at it you'd say different. only been playing for 9 years, still a lot to learn. :D

Once the preamp is finished I'll hook it up to a phone and record a little bit of strumming. somewhere else in internet land wants to hear it too.

Unamplified, it's perfect for travel, you can hear it, it has a nice enough tone for what is essentially a kitchen chopping board with strings, it isn't going to fill a room with a wall of sound, but it was never intended too, it was built so I could sit in a hotel room a play away without disturbing everyone around you. it's intonation sounds about right and reads close enough on the tuner, it's uncompensated so it's never going to be perfect, think I can solve some of that by lowering the saddle a little bit.

Amplified without the preamp, it quacks, in fact I'd say it barks. There is a massive amount of string noise as the pickup is pretty much in direct contact with them, you can still hear the note but it's buried. preamp is getting finished this weekend hopefully.

it has d'addario nylon strings on there (because that's what I had in), I'm wondering if they aren't quite as smooth as aquillia nygut and that might account for some of the string noise.

Back