The Toolpost

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Mark Hancock

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I got the email at 16:30. Not really unexpected under the present circumstances and with what is to come next year. It's be interesting to see if anyone takes on the Versachuck.

mpcpba

Established Member
Reaction score
They are offering 25% discount on stock as they close down operations over the next month.
A great loss of the best UK woodturning shop and awful for the Hemsleys.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I'd have got another had they still had them. I got £100+ of jaws and a faceplate when they were last on offer. I'd have got more Axi/ V carriers then had they had them. I did get Sorby carriers to use my Record pen jaws with, so at least if any Sorby jaws come my way cheaply I'm prepared. The reason I got the Versachuck in the first place was that I picked up £150's worth of Axi jaws in a job lot - I sold on the rest that I didn't want for what I paid for the lot. :)

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. I bought an M33 backplate earlier to future proof mine.:)
I could have done with a couple more sets of carriers, though.
I just ordered a new 33mm backplate for mine as well as some carriers, I plan to update the lathe in the future so got it while I could, It is a good chuck Hope someone does take it on as Mark said

Democritus

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I had an email this morning telling me they are closing down, and that there is 25%off everything. ‘Once it’s gone it’s gone’. I’ve had a look at the website, and it confirms they are closing, and that there is 25% off all stock.
Much of it seems to have gone already, particularly tools!
Get in there!
D