The same old eyewash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bilzee was abrupt and personal in tone, but ultimately, what is wrong with him asking to XYZ in a magazine if that is what he wants? If the magazine can't or doesn't want to include XYZ, it doesn't have to.

If threads get locked down because someone criticises a magazine, contributors to which appear on this forum, why isn't the Scheppach Tiger thread locked down because MenatNMA are contributors? What next?

This is always a problem with forums. The difficulty is in setting the boundaries between wanting to have professionals and those involved in the business because their input is very valuable, and yet maintaining an opne forum where people can have air their true opinions. By all means ask Bilzee to tone it down, he shouldn't make it personal. Equally, if the pros want to come onto a forum such as this and canvas opinion on their business, they ought to expect to get a wide range of views and personalities in response. They shouldn't expect kid gloves or censorship of criticism.

Rant over

Jake

Hi Jake,
if the pros want to come onto a forum such as this and canvas opinion on their business, they ought to expect to get a wide range of views and personalities in response. They shouldn't expect kid gloves or censorship of criticism.
We didn't (and still don't) expect kid gloves, and we try to give honest and hopefully helpful answers to some pretty vitriolic outpourings in some cases while still trying to retain some sort of sense of humour along the way.
:D
Yep, we may be pro's but we're as fallable as the next man/woman, no one is perfect, but we try to please as many as possible, but of course, somewhere along the line we will upset someone, we're all human after all!

cheers,

Andy

Andy, if you consider that what I have said is vitriolic I can only assume you have led a very sheltered life.

The point is that you have completely ignored my apology for what some have considered as to forceful or an attack type style.

This obviously suits your agenda as you have been unable to answer or admit the fundamental truth that has been put before you and which I have again raised but hopefully in a way that doesn't send the feint hearted running for the mods.

Your hurtful demeanour is wearing a tad thin

Bilzee,

I have no wish to make anything personal, but as you have insisted on cutting and pasting comments,

you wrote:
If its me you are referring to Johnjin I would appreciate you pointing that out. I have no wish to treat anyone unfairly and would apologise immediately if indeed I have been unfair
To which Johnjin replied:
Yes it was you I was refereing too.
and yet in your own posting
I'm sorry people have taken my 'no messing' attitude as an insult and I apologise if that 'no nonsense' attitude has upset certain people.
Perhaps I should have asked the same?
I think we should draw a line under this subject now as we will always be at loggerheads.
I have devoted enough time to this site in this debate, trying to be frank and fair, but you seem to think I am getting at you when all I am doing is defending myself as fairly as I think I can, so i think it best if I resign from the forum and let you all battle it out amongst yourselves.

Bye Y'all,
It was nice while it lasted!

Andy

Andy
I really hope you don't mean that! You contributions would be sorely missed if you were to leave.
Cheers
Gidon

Kids!

What the heck's got into youse guys? Here we are, one of the friendliest forums on the face of the 'Net, and some of you seem to have taken Dr Jekyll's improved character inhancer. :shock: Enough already! If ab-so-lute-ly necessary I will, reluctantly, lock the thread and tell teacher, but I know you're all sensible adults so I won't need to. Will I? :wink: C'mon folks, I know it's hot and that makes us all a bit fractious, but just think; it's Friday! The weekend starts here.

Cheers, Alf

weekend = more workshop time *fanfare*

lets not drive anyone away, and see a friendly open forum turn into a slanging match.

i don`t think anyone wants to see that, lets just all agree to disagree???? 8)

so i think it best if I resign from the forum

We disagree, so what? It happens.

but hey, thats your choice, a tad over dramatic in the circumstances I would have thought.

I was quite prepared to call it a day but both you and pete made unnecessary comments this morning. I responded. I'm human too

Not sure what you want andy.

Ive apologised for my former manner but I cannot comply with your view regarding the original points, sorry.

If you think that that is worth throwing out the rattle, who I am to argue.

...... and if others here think I have driven Andy King away and he will be such a great loss, I am quite happy to go.

Ive apologised where I think I was wrong, but I will not succumb to that sort of pressure to comply with a view I disagree with.

and if the majority think I'm wrong I'll walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back