The Router Magazine - Special Offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry Andy.

The Router magazine has a special offer on until the end of December. You can buy one year's subscription (six issues) for 12.95. The two-year option is at the normal price.

It will even be delivered to your door before it is available in the shops.

Call GMC Publications on 01273 488 005 ask for the 12 month subscription at 12.95 and quote order code S61A, which is just the reference code relating to the last issue of the Router.

Cheers
Neil

Hi CYC

CYC":3oosx5v5 said:
Can you tell me if a special offer similar is available overseas? (small changes!)

I checked with them and the offer is only available in the UK.

The cost is 21.75 GBP to deliver to Eire. Presumably, this is taken up mostly by the postal charge.

Cheers

Neil

The magazine features projects, techniques, tool reviews and articles on various router-related topics.

A few years ago I took a subscription to The Router and later on got a sub to Furniture & Cabinetmaking too. There was a pretty heavy overlap in terms of material between the magazines, even down to projects and techniques articles. Having subscriptions part-way through, I had to stick with it, but always felt cheated by this duplication. I've not renewed my Router sub, now preferring FWW, F&C and of course GWW :wink: .

I don't know how much duplication is still present between the various GMC mags as I don't buy any others from their stable apart from F&C.

Cheers,

Afterglow

Hi CYC/AG

As AG says there is some crossover of articles with F & C. As I have a particular interest in routing I find the magazine to be excellent.

It really leaves "Routing" in the shade. If you want a routing magazine then, IMHO, "The Router" is your only real choice.

Cheers
Neil

Well being an amateur woodworker, I am looking for a magazine with lots of plans for various projects and general woodworking techniques (no particular tool).
Any magazine that stands out in this category?

I currently subscribe to the US magazine Woodsmith. But all the tools and techniques are of course to US standards!

What is the site for GWW (does it stand for Good WoodWorking?).

CYC

CYC,

It is well worth looking at New Woodworking, another GMC publication. Over the past year it has changed considerably. Lots of new contributors and all new material - Me? Bias? :wink:

Ralph Laughton

Thanks for your answers N-Neil and ralf.
Neil, what is the name of the book, sounds very good 200 plans :D Where did you see it at that price?

Good Woodworking has put out "The BIG Book of Projects", the flash on the top has 212 in big letters, but thats the number of pages!

There are 47 plans, with instructions and in the normal Good Woodworking style each one is rated on how hard is is to make and time required.

It cost £8.99 and I bought my copy in WH Smith.

Thanks Dave, I'll see if I can get it here.
Would you recommand it, are the projects nice?

I got my first copy of Good Woodworking yesterday, I found one in Dublin. At first glimpse it looks like a good magazine, lots of tools review in it :D . The only thing is it's twice the price to get it sent here on subscription!!!!!! :cry:

Hi CYC

I have always found GWW to be a good magazine.

The Big Book of Plans are plans that have previously been printed in GWW. They cover all areas of the home and garden and for the money I think they are good value.

Cheers
Neil

I don't see this book on WH Smith website, is it the right title, may be you can't get it anymore!!
I'll put it on my christmas wish list now... haha

Hi CYC

I've also looked on the whs site with no luck.

It was definitely available at whs in Crawley last week. I think there are a lot of copies around.

Not a lot of help I know.

Cheers
Neil

The difficulty may be that it's been classed as a magazine, rather than a book.

Cheers, Alf

Who has all the original articles, so can save money just this once :wink:

CYC":3100srex said:
Would you recommand it, are the projects nice?

Depends, how long is your list of nice things that you want / have been asked to make? This is sure to add to it :lol:

Ah the 'bookazine!' the bane of our lives her at Good Woodworking!!!
It was an exclusive commission from WH Smiths, so therefore only sold through their outlets....
We have heard through the grapevine that in some WH Smiths, owing to lack of shelf space for Christmas stock they have taken them off the shelves to make room. Doesn't seem to be the ideal policy!
We understand that there are copies available directly from Future Publishing because of this, so if you call 01225 442244 and ask for Jenny Brown, she may be able to help you.
The other problem is, despite being 'almost' a book, it is sold on the magazine racks not in the book section so have a look there first to see if it's tucked in behind a copy of new woodworking :shock:

Andy

Back