The Only Way Is Essex (car boot)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
so i was up in london town for my old mans funeral, and it was saturday night and i started developing my boot fair craving leg twitch. so onto the the net i jumped and found a likely suspect near romford it started at 6.30 so i got the for 7.10.

and what a boot fair it was in the glorious october summer heat wave.

so to start off a lovely pig sticker made by g.pearson
P1010194.jpg

P1010195.jpg

4 pattern makers clamps there abit tatty but still very useable
P1010191.jpg

a small amount of long brass screws to add to my collection
P1010207.jpg

im not to sure what this is, im thinking a grooving plane or granny's tooth also not sure to whether its home made or shop bought :duno: but a lovely little object with a very nice sharp blade.
P1010192.jpg

P1010193.jpg

2 nice box spokeshaves and a chamfer shave
P1010196.jpg

a nice marking on the shave
P1010198.jpg

trying to find some more information on the chamfer shave its different to one i have ever seen on the internet. it has no markings but the there are stretched holes on each end and countersunk bolts holding the fences on?? :duno:
P1010197.jpg

picked up this rusty square and a close look through the much the two important names could be seen
P1010199.jpg

cleaned up a little
P1010200.jpg

a lovely old car horn i believe haven't tested it yet though
P1010204.jpg

a huge tin full of fantastic mouldings ready to be stuck on to chairs to create that Pièce de résistance got that lot and the chamfer shave for £6 and i got the tin aswell
P1010205.jpg

P1010202.jpg

enjoy!

adidat

Move over Jim - a new boot fair king is ready to be crowned!

(I expect he'll say that you missed some other treasures in the first 40 minutes, but don't you listen to him!)

Hey Chris.....

You're gonna upset so many people here who say you can't buy LN or Veritas at bootfairs.....

Living proof I would say....

I think haul of the year would not be going too far!

Well done mate! Well done indeed! =D>

I polished my little vise up yesterday....it's quite impressive....

DSC_0024-1.JPG

Seems you have to travel to the tropics to get the best bootfairs eh mate!?

Cheers

Jimi

IIRC that veritas originally came from a tool shop in Enfield - Gill & Hornby used to be next to Bushill Station. Cracking little shop, which sadly closed down about 5 or 6 years ago.

Yes setch i thought that was the case because they had lots of brand new but slightley damp tools, most was chinese rubbish. So it was probably bought quite cheap. But it was a young couple about 25 do people not use ebay???. But then i thought to them its just an odd worthless tool.

Nice clamp jim, any pics of sundays haul, that dvd holder sounded interesting??

Adidat

The 'Granny's Tooth' is known as a

Wait for it....
'Granny's Tooth', or if you prefer 'Grannie's Tooth'!

:lol:

I'm informed they were usually shop-made, to use in places where you couldn't fit a hand router-plane. Although. they could be bought ready made.
But you probably knew that so apologies for teching egg-sucking!

Well boot-faired btw!
John

adidat":2kcyzbi3 said:
............ But it was a young couple about 25 do people not use ebay???. ..........
Adidat

I use eBay a great deal but I can understand some folk preferring a car-boot sometimes. By the time you've paid eBay's listing fees + 15% of the final selling price to eBay/PayPal + wrapped, driven to and queued at the PO it IS simpler to sell it face-to-face for cash with no comebacks.

RogerP":2hqskq0k said:
adidat":2hqskq0k said:
............ But it was a young couple about 25 do people not use ebay???. ..........
Adidat

I use eBay a great deal but I can understand some folk preferring a car-boot sometimes. By the time you've paid eBay's listing fees + 15% of the final selling price to eBay/PayPal + wrapped, driven to and queued at the PO it IS simpler to sell it face-to-face for cash with no comebacks.

Precisely! =D>

Jim

Back