The North of England Woodworking & Power Tool Show 2019

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone going?

I'll be there so say hello if you are going

will be there on sunday very likely, never been before but excited to go, has anyone who's been before know if I get special discounts?

I will likely go on friday . Been the last few years . Not had any luck with discounts personally. In fact one year i went to the Trend stand for a T11 and CRT router table - it was about £60 more than amazon. Needless to say it got delivered the next day ;-) Trend wouldn't budge on their "Show" price.

I do enjoy the opportunity to get hands on with anything i am interested in though. It has both convinced me to both buy and avoid different stuff . The best example of this was the woodriver 5 1/2 jack plane i bought from Peter Sefton (that was from the east midlands show though). Tried it once, bought it , loved using it ever since.

fezman":2ogou0xv said:
I do enjoy the opportunity to get hands on with anything i am interested in though. It has both convinced me to both buy and avoid different stuff . The best example of this was the woodriver 5 1/2 jack plane i bought from Peter Sefton (that was from the east midlands show though). Tried it once, bought it , loved using it ever since.

yes, that's one of the main reasons for going, I want to try out a few different hand tools I am interested in and nothing will compare to actually using it, no different to guitars, I have to try them in person always, it's a feel thing.

Ben from Bessey usually has a few show deals so you might strike lucky , I always enjoy the show great to meet up with old mates & have a curry :D

fezman":yaqpvsu0 said:

Drop by and say hello, we will be demonstrating a few things including the Pantorouter and we are looking at putting some show deals together for the weekend.

Meeting up with customers and past students is our main reason for attending and giving visitors the chance to try before you buy or at least take a good look at tools in the flesh, sadly missing from the lack of bricks and mortar shops these days.

Hope to see you there, cheers Peter

I'll be there Saturday, I go every year and enjoy the day, events like this within reach of Northumberland are few and far between. Some excellent demonstartors at the show and the opportunity to see the odd friend. ( I have a few odd friends :roll: :lol: )

There are discounts to be had sometimes just do your homework first for best price on the internet, copy the page as proof if you definitely want something specific and be prepared to haggle and walk away if they won't do a deal.

attended the show today - bought another Woodriver plane from Peter - it was good to meet you and say hello too.

Once again show was very busy, when I left (about 12:00) huge queues on the roads to get in. I arrived about 9am and traffic was light - went for a really good bacon sandwich from the van outside the Fodder cafe.

No Bosch stand this year - shame as I wanted to ask them about my extractor. Otherwise all the usual stands were there.

I went yesterday and came away £400 lighter. Some nice second hand paring chisels, a micrometer, an auriou rasp and a dozen sheets of very nice burr veneer
Ian

went today had a really enjoyable day. brought mouldings in practice( a lost art book) and and 2.5l of le tonkinois . I reckon the more times I go the less stuff I want.
even the boutique tools didnt drag me in. I reckon theres to much emphasis on stuff and not enough on skill.

Hornbeam":2o5t2u50 said:
I went yesterday and came away £400 lighter. Some nice second hand paring chisels, a micrometer, an auriou rasp and a dozen sheets of very nice burr veneer. Ian
... and maybe some discussion (advice?) on potential problems you might encounter if you join solid wood parts in a sunburst pattern to make up a circular top to go on top of a coopered cabinet? None of that contributed to your £400 of expenses, as far as I recall, ha, ha. Slainte.

fezman":gwkhol65 said:
went for a really good bacon sandwich from the van outside the Fodder cafe

I always start my trip to the show with a Great Yorkshire Breakfast in the Fodder cafe, I will be keeping up this tradition in the morning :D

I have always gone to the show on a Saturday, will be interesting to see how busy it is on a Sunday, hope there are some bargains left.

Sgian Dubh":2zfimcl8 said:
Hornbeam" ... and maybe some discussion (advice?) on potential problems you might encounter if you join solid wood parts in a sunburst pattern to make up a circular top to go on top of a coopered cabinet? N[/quote:2zfimcl8 said:
Thank you Richard. Your advice was free and much appreciated, (will buy you a coffee next year). Really good to talk something through. It seems quite obvious afterward.
Ian

Back