The new Pristina pen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
The Pristina Kits arrived today from Timber bits and they are a very well engineered piece of kit at £9.51 the only thing David got wrong is the drill size he states that you need 11.5mm and 13mm but 11.5nn is to small it needs 15/32nd and 13mm a bit disapointing as I got 6 blanks cut to size before I found out other than that they are well worth the money the nib end is a bit bigger than the junior gents just right for a mans pen and not to blingy Spalted Hawthorn and finished as always with Hut crystal and libron woodturners stick

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 1,224
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,225
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,225
woodyturner":2ieobc1a said:
The Pristina Kits arrived today from Timber bits and they are a very well engineered piece of kit at £9.51 the only thing David got wrong is the drill size he states that you need 11.5mm and 13mm but 11.5nn is to small it needs 15/32nd and 13mm a bit disappointing as I got 6 blanks cut to size before I found out other than that they are well worth the money the nib end is a bit bigger than the junior gents just right for a mans pen and not to blingy Spalted Hawthorn and finished as always with Hut crystal and libron woodturners stick
Hi Nev if by post you mean fit on the other end then no mate

As always a lovely job Woody.Beautiful wood, where would one source something like spalted Hawthorne?

Just had a look at the Timberbits website and I am blown away by the prices. Cheap or what, and b*gger all postage costs either really. Did you get hit with import duty?

I've been looking at the various pen kits recently as I am just starting on the pen making and turning road and I have to say that is one of the nicest I've seen.

bodge":1td4b19v said:
As always a lovely job Woody.Beautiful wood, where would one source something like spalted Hawthorne?

Just had a look at the Timberbits website and I am blown away by the prices. Cheap or what, and b*gger all postage costs either really. Did you get hit with import duty?

I've been looking at the various pen kits recently as I am just starting on the pen making and turning road and I have to say that is one of the nicest I've seen.
He is one of the best pen kit suppliers I have ever used and no I have never been hit by any taxes with orders from him in fact I have just put another order in for Sierras but I have been hit with tax with some USA suppliers
If my memory serves me well I think the wood was from Ebay or woodturningz in USA another one that you dont pay any taxes on http://woodturningz.com/Wood_Pen_Blanks.aspx

Latest posts

Back