The new Jet (CAST IRON) Tablesaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
This information is courtesy of Rutlands: -

"For years our customers have been asking us for a sensibly priced saw bench that has a solid cast iron table. At long last we have found one and we are delighted with it's build quality and sawing performance. With the table manufactured from a solid grey iron, abrasion proof casting and an all steel frame this saw bench will last a life time in any busy workshop.Powered by a 1.75hp induction motor this saw runs extremely quietly and offers vibration free operation. One of it's unique features is that the sawblade tilts to the left. This makes for a safer operation as there is a lower risk of backlash when sawing mitres against the rip fence. The full length rip fence glides along the graduated rail and features a micro adjustment dial for pin point setting.Simply turn the dial, view the measurement using the magnified cursor and lock off the fence using the cam operated lever.Two substantial wheels with steel handles allow for precise blade tilt and blade height adjustment.Both movements are smooth and controlled to ensure accurate blade setting.The main frame of the saw is finished in a durable epoxy powder coating that is chip resistant to make sure the saw will look good for years to come.A T slot is machined into the cast table to the right of the blade for use with the mitre gauge.The JTS250S has an integrated cast iron sliding carriage that runs smoothly on bearings.The mitre gauge on the carriage features a fence with a workpiece hold down clamp and a distance stop for cutting repatitive lengths.The carriage can be locked off when not required."

Motor 1.75hp
Blade Diameter 250mm
Bore 30mm
Max Depth 82mm
Tilt 90-45 left
Blade to rip fence 760mm
Dust Port 100mm
Weight 172kg
Table area with sliding car 1060mm x 685mm
Table area without sliding car 705mm x 685mm

It will be reviewed in GWW 142, on sale at the end of October. Off the record Andy King, of GWW, described it as "the canine's danglies". Whatever they are!

Please form an orderly queue at Stoneleigh. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Please note that I have no connection with Jet, Axminster, Rutlands or GWW.

sawdustalley":2lazhwpg said:
Looks just like the DeWALT tablesaw I was admiring at the D&M exhibition last weekend!

In other words it's Jet's knock-off (the JWSS-10) of deWalt's upmarket contractor saw (the DW746)? And there was me hoping it would be the Delta Unisaw knock-off (the JWCS) :( That said they both look a heck of a lot better than any of the Mickey Mouse contractor saws out there. Guess it's back to waiting for the new entry from Record Power.....

BTW Jet's own description of this saw is here http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/JETWood/ProductPreview/JWSS-10.html, whilst the deWalt is here http://www.dewalt.co.uk/main.asp?mktid=2&lid=1&sid=1 - for anyone interested the Jet site even includes a handy feature comparison.

Scrit

Hi Scrit

I have just seen this saw at the Stoneleigh show and it weighs in at a massive 170Kgs.

It is just awesome. The big problem, after SWMBO, is whether I have the space for it.

It is very smooth in operation with adjustments to the blade being very simple. It was strange to see the blade tilt the "wrong way" but hey, you can get used to anything.

The mitre gauge and fence are both excellent and are rock solid. My general impression is of a solid, well built machine that is tremendous value for money. It only costs 6.76 per Kilo. Beat that!!!

Anyone in the market for a saw in the 1 - 2 K range must look at this offering from Jet.

Cheers
Neil

From what I've read - it looks like a very impressive saw and the price makes it even better :) I wouldn't mind seeing it up close at a show. Maybe I'll have a TS2000 for sale when I move to a bigger workshop :lol:

Back