The most frustrating thing you have encountered lately

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P&P on web ordering bowl blanks.

failing that, school. or rather lack of. i miss being able to legally see my mates............

Dealing with suppliers for Commercial Energy Contracts, I have some rented commercial property that had their gas and electric supplied erroneously transferred to Yu energy. It took me 5 months to get the supply back but they are insisting on payment for the period it was with them, grossly overcharged daily meter charge bt 2000%. Annual services charges and fees over £3000.00 a year before I even used any Gas and Electricity. Yu Energy is the devil in disguise, a load of lying thieving scumbags.

An E-bay purchase that has not been delivered, the sender managed to get hold of a Royal Mail delivery notification that was GB registered but the item was coming from the EU, no Customs documentation or import duty, or proof of postage, but Paypal dismissed all of that and closed the case in favour of the sender, this is now with the Financial Ombudsman for resolution, can't even begin to estimate how many hours I have spent on this.

Headset on my computer. Its never been right, always I couldnt isolate the sound to just the headphones and always came via the tv speaker too. I could put up with that as I need to chat to team, NOW, I've somehow managed to isolate the TV speaker, but im only getting it in my ear as mono, and the microphone is fubar.
Alienware gaming system and razer gaming headset. It should work off the bat, but it just doesnt.

I'm in my mid 40's and recently got my first pair of glasses. I go to almost 'master criminal' levels of avoiding touching the lenses but they always seem to be smudged to death.

I'm seriously considering chucking them out of the nearest window and giving up reading.:cautious:

Short on sleep due to some pressing things at work - about an hour and a half before my alarm this morning, wake up and hear a dog barking in a suburban neighborhood. WTF.

goes on for a couple of minutes. About 10 minutes later, I'm starting to fall asleep and someone lets the dog out again and I'm awake. have to wizz too bad to get back to sleep.

F- them. This is at 6am after I worked late last night.

Some areas (rural) a dog barking outside isn't unusual. In the burbs here, if there's a dog barking, it's one out of 350 houses in the neighborhood. Funny how when you go without it for so long when someone leaves a dog out then you can't sleep through it.

I'm in my mid 40's and recently got my first pair of glasses. I go to almost 'master criminal' levels of avoiding touching the lenses but they always seem to be smudged to death.

I'm seriously considering chucking them out of the nearest window and giving up reading.:cautious:

inexpensive microfiber cloth. You'll be shocked how fast one of those grabs every bit of grease you can get it in contact with on glasses.

Just make sure it's clean.

same boat, by the way - better than 20/20 vision at distance and close up is still at least 20/20, but eye strain due to age. Needed 0.5 script and filthy glasses was constant.

Probate solicitors
I didnt use solicitors for my parents probate as i applied for probate myself. It was time consuming but not difficult.

But selling their house afterwards has been the biggest most royal pain in the harris ever. Buyers that ponce about & dither then back out, solicitors that ignore all communication & lose the same documents not once but twice. Buyers that have 5 months to make their mind up then just as we have the contracts ready to sign & exchange start quibbling about will the boiler start or not on a place that really needs knocking flat & start asking for more money knocked off. Selling houses must be the worst!

and getting that bloody tab off HP brown sauce bottle that you access by unscrewing the cap and then attempting to pull it off..........brown sauce all over my Sunday shirt, trousers, floor and pipper all on my bacon sarnie!
i always prise those foil seals off with a fork tine, the tiny tab always breaks

An E-bay purchase that has not been delivered, the sender managed to get hold of a Royal Mail delivery notification that was GB registered but the item was coming from the EU, no Customs documentation or import duty, or proof of postage, but Paypal dismissed all of that and closed the case in favour of the sender, this is now with the Financial Ombudsman for resolution, can't even begin to estimate how many hours I have spent on this.

I wish you the best of luck with that, don't expect it to be quick, I'm almost at 3yrs in to a case for £3850 paid for a forklift which never arrived and turned out to be a scam. PayPal have tried everything to wriggle out of my section 75 consumer credit act claim, and despite getting judgement in my favour from the ombudsman in January 2021, they still haven't paid up!

inexpensive microfiber cloth. You'll be shocked how fast one of those grabs every bit of grease you can get it in contact with on glasses.

Just make sure it's clean.
Combined with isopropyl alcohol. Your lenses will be crystal clear

Probate solicitors
Totally agree! I did my mother's estate probate after asking the "family" solicitor for a quote to do it. The guy wouldn't give me a figure. He told me that probate is far too complex to be able to give a fixed price on. I suggested that maybe a fixed percentage of the estate value would be the way to go. No, he still wanted me to effectively write out a blank cheque. So I did it myself. Its not complicated, just takes a bit of time to do the paperwork. To add insult to injury the solicitor then tried to charge me for the consultation over probate procedure. Needless to say we don't use him anymore

Apple.
Their very good at selling you a product that solves a problem that you don't have.
+1 but for a different reason,

Pleasant young lady at the tech desk puts my less than 2 year old iphone 7 through diagnosis and with a smile on her face says" sorry sir but it has a hardware fault" I bl**dy know that, been through the processes and the 'phone calls and the damn thing has the same fault that in the USA and Asia markets Apple are replacing 'phones up to 4 years old due to a faulty component.
"Yes but this is a UK phone with different hardware and doesn't apply". Pigs might fly I think so speak to the manager, no joy I ask what are my options what cost to repair? " Not economically viable sir, you could get a refurbished replacement for £350 but definitely don't recommend that",
What if I part exchanged it for a new iphone 12 mini? "Sorry sir the phone is rubber ducked no chance of part ex you'll have to buy a 'phone from the shop here at £699".
OK I'm a longstanding Apple customer, several 'phones every couple of years, ipads, watch etc, what discount can you offer me? " No discount sir it will cost you £699.

Emails to the UK MD and 'phone conversations follow with no solutions offered whatsoever so they will never get another sale of any kind out of me even if that means rows with the missus 'cos she's going android like it or lump it.

+1 but for a different reason,

Pleasant young lady at the tech desk puts my less than 2 year old iphone 7 through diagnosis and with a smile on her face says" sorry sir but it has a hardware fault" I bl**dy know that, been through the processes and the 'phone calls and the damn thing has the same fault that in the USA and Asia markets Apple are replacing 'phones up to 4 years old due to a faulty component.
"Yes but this is a UK phone with different hardware and doesn't apply". Pigs might fly I think so speak to the manager, no joy I ask what are my options what cost to repair? " Not economically viable sir, you could get a refurbished replacement for £350 but definitely don't recommend that",
What if I part exchanged it for a new iphone 12 mini? "Sorry sir the phone is rubber ducked no chance of part ex you'll have to buy a 'phone from the shop here at £699".
OK I'm a longstanding Apple customer, several 'phones every couple of years, ipads, watch etc, what discount can you offer me? " No discount sir it will cost you £699.

Emails to the UK MD and 'phone conversations follow with no solutions offered whatsoever so they will never get another sale of any kind out of me even if that means rows with the missus 'cos she's going android like it or lump it.
Was this an Apple store? Apple are very good at honouring a little known caveat of UK consumer law which basically states that goods must have a "reasonable merchantable life". If you check the Apple UK website they deem this to be 6 years. My laptop had a faulty screen at the 4 year mark. Apple arranged for collection and delivery to inspect it and warned me it could cost £440 to repair. Got it back with a 3 day turnaround, new screen and no charge. Several of my colleagues in my day job have had similar experiences.

Estate agents....

I searched are all estate agents ....was looking for on Rightmove but the suggestion was liars!

We had an offer accepted on a house and two weeks later the seller pulled out probably got a better offer... Thankfully the searches hadn't been ordered ..!

Solicitor hadn't drafted a memorandum of sale so we had no comeback.

Frustrating....

Cheers James

Was this an Apple store? Apple are very good at honouring a little known caveat of UK consumer law which basically states that goods must have a "reasonable merchantable life". If you check the Apple UK website they deem this to be 6 years. My laptop had a faulty screen at the 4 year mark. Apple arranged for collection and delivery to inspect it and warned me it could cost £440 to repair. Got it back with a 3 day turnaround, new screen and no charge. Several of my colleagues in my day job have had similar experiences.
Thanks for posting that info I have heard of that law somewhere but it never crossed my mind tbh, the 'phone is otherwise immaculate so no misuse or accidental damage, I'll look into that and pen another email to the MD, I may even copy it to the CEO in the US so he knows I'm serious.

The phone was examined in the Apple store after the customer service guys on the 'phone couldn't resolve the issue, the people are great to deal with but just wouldn't budge in any direction, the crazy thing is that I would have bought 2 x Iphone 12 mini had they offered me a deal as my wife really fancied one.

Latest posts

Back