The most accurate tablesaw fence going for a song.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to me it looks as if its mounted on a Wadkin, which he says is for sale, and its single phase. :D

Disclaimer, I am nothing to do with the seller, just a very happy owner of some Wadkin cast iron in the shape of a table saw. :roll:

correct me if im wrong
i always thought that a good saw came with a good fence ????

i managed with an elu sawking for a good number of years
the only thing that let it down was the fence

the scheppach that i have now is far more accurate than my requirements

just my thoughts before you run up the bidding

mel

I have to agree that the Incra fence is an accurate piece of kit but why such a high price tag on all of Incra's gear? After all it is still only a bit of ally with teeth on. :)

Personally I don't see the attraction in replacing a fairly rigid steel and cast iron fence with a lightweight ally one which looks like it would flex under anything approaching pressure. It would have been a lot cheaper to reshim the Wadkin fence and fit a fine adjuster (if it hadn't already got one). Oh well......... :roll:

Scrit

That was my thinking Scrit so im out of the bidding . A bit of snipe and its going to kink that fence beyond use .

Count me out. 30 miles north of Newcastle...!! It'd take me 6 days and nights to get there in the Disco...

Is it me or...........am I not getting the point of the jig ?.

A couple of things, you need a hellava lot room for it, it neeeds more surface area than the saw table it's mounted on :roll:.

With the fence extending the full length of the table on both it's sliders so if the fence is just slightly out of alignment to the blade on the toe in toe out basis. 2 things are likely one is kickback and the cut won't be true as the fence is way too far past the blade.

the eBay advertiser":3f3xk4mx said:
Here i have an incra jig which has hardly been used i cleared a workshop of a private person who only used his gear rarely.
Probably got killed by a kickback........ :shock:

Scrit

Back