The Modern English Garden Birds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
We have no songbirds, sparrows and precious few starlings any more but we have lots of these darn things:-

Parakeets_1.sized.jpg

I wish they would clear off and we could get a few of the traditional species back!

heh Chris, we just returned from our holidays. The villa we stayed in had a large Fig tree by the pool. Lovely, except there were litteraly hundreds of 'These Darn Things' inhabiting it. I dont think they were quiet from dusk til dawn! Still, you got used to it after a few days and enjoyed the Margaritas! 8) :wink:

Indian ring-necked parakeets! Cool 8) You can have sparrows; blasted noisy things. Not that the parakeets are the quietest...

Cheers, Alf

Parakeets seem to be everywhere - I see them at my parents, the spot where we keep our club beehives, at work.

They are quite invasive now across london and the southern home counties I believe.

Adam

We get them towards the end of summer as they migrate your way.
At the moment our Crested Barbets and Grey Loeries are feeding at the tray.
Seems they like white bread!
8) 8) 8)

ooops sorry Chris. I was persuaded to plant giant sunflowers in the garden earlier this year just to attract the "parrots".

The sunflowers are now at 3.8m which is cool because my daughter can see the flowers more easily from her bedroom. :lol:

Andy

Anyone who wants these things is welcome, as WiZeR says they make a heck of a racket. Alf, I will swap them any day for your sparrows - though the parakeets may be full of lead shot when you get them!

Jaco, I wish they were only migratory - these things live here year-round now! (What more evidence do we need for global warming?).

Tim, you're right of course, next fill is with strychnine!

Andy, we had bird seeded sunflowers a couple of years running but this year haven't had any for some reason, perhaps Mary is buying the seed from a different place? Mind you the squirrels had all the seed away from the flowers in no time.

Latest posts

Back