The living hell of dust extraction diameters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to tell a PET bottle from a .... bottle?
The video does not state what bottles to use, it is in the comments, so I added the information.

Type “how to tell if a bottle is pet” in to google and you get “How can I distinguish PET bottles and containers from other plastics? PET containers are typically molded on the bottom or side with the number 1 surrounded by the triangular "chasing arrows" symbol and the acronym PET or PETE below the triangle. Only PETcarries the #1 identification code.”

I have just checked some bottles and the small lucozade are pet. It has a lower melting point than hdpe apparently.

“how to tell if a bottle is pet”
here is a bit more info
9B1320C2-3E72-447B-AB89-3A1E3D656E77.png

That may work , but so......FUGLY!
As I said, it was a quick test to see if it works, the ones in the video look much better. Here is another Photo with the wrap removed.

24AC5FA7-3317-446D-B75C-CAE23D665437.jpeg

Word of warning, if using plastic fittings try to get a close fit with the pet bottle before heating to minimise amount of shrinkage and heat required, and take care not to melt in the plastic fitting. Guess how I found that out?

Last edited:
I have in the past responded to threads like this with an easy solution but with no response.
My solution to this problem is explained in the following thread.
Take it or leave it as you wish but I don't have the problem that many of you seem to have.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/thread...erent-non-standard-sizes.127533/#post-1423823
That is a good solution. It looks like you have used the solvent weld type connector and pipe, obviously without the solvent. I would imagine the two gaiters give a lot of flexibility to easily move the tool around. Also connections and disconnections are really simple, quick and easy.

Back