The lengths we go to for addictions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanemaux

In Memorium
Reaction score
This morning I noticed my wife and I were nearly out of tobacco. The horrid habit is expensive in Canada at more or less 10 Canuck bucks per package , so I stuff my own tubes (being as I am a cheap old codger). Now , we have native folk on the reserves here that pay no tax on tobacco and so can sell it at a substantial savings back to us interlopers on their land. On the reserve I pay 19 dollars for a 200 gram bag of loose tabac (that's about 12 or so packs worth) this is serious savings. The problem is that the res is 75 kilometers away. 150 clicks round trip on roads that may prove more immediately hazardous than the habit is during our winter season. So off I went on a 150 km joy ride . Good thing that gas is cheap on the res as well isn't it?

lanemaux":9tvoswgz said:
This morning I noticed my wife and I were nearly out of tobacco. The horrid habit is expensive in Canada at more or less 10 Canuck bucks per package , so I stuff my own tubes (being as I am a cheap old codger). Now , we have native folk on the reserves here that pay no tax on tobacco and so can sell it at a substantial savings back to us interlopers on their land. On the reserve I pay 19 dollars for a 200 gram bag of loose tabac (that's about 12 or so packs worth) this is serious savings. The problem is that the res is 75 kilometers away. 150 clicks round trip on roads that may prove more immediately hazardous than the habit is during our winter season. So off I went on a 150 km joy ride . Good thing that gas is cheap on the res as well isn't it?

You must have been on the "wacky baccy" Mike :D

Bob

Not since the early 70's Bob , told you that I am a cheap old codger. Beer is far more economical.

P.S. When you drive that far you don't pick up just one bag. I got 5 this morning and would have got more if could afford to. Like I said in another thread we got 25 (possibly more ) centimeters coming in the next 24 hrs. As a confirmed summer sort , well not happy just does not seem to cover it.

Mike you even admit that its an horrible habit.
Quit.
It can be done,i stopped over ten years ago.
Get a week under your belt and your half way there :D
Life does go on............

Back