The Last Waltz

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scouse

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack Jimi's thread any more than I already have (sorry Jim!), so I thought I would put up a separate post of what will be the last boot sale for this year. :cry: :-({|=

Two busy ones this week, brought on by great weather yesterday and the (unfulfilled) hope of great weather today; managed to beat the rain by 20 minutes!

So, 2 days scavenging and £12 yielded the following

004-5.jpg

Yawn, but different versions of the same thing with widely differing widths to the plungers.

011.jpg

130A, been after a good one for a while after putting a half completed restoration on hiatus through shear frustration; I don't think they were meant to be opened.

014-2.jpg

Curved sole Record and flat Stanley. I use spokeshaves a lot, so it's handy to have a few with different set-ups to just grab and go.

010-2.jpg

The smaller skew backed saw is lovely, 'Warranted Superior' but with Disston's keystone trademark in the middle of the medallion and a faint etch I'll try and clean up. The other is unmarked, 4tpi crosscut, a bit of an animal.

006-5.jpg

Last but not least, couldn't believe my luck; never seen one at a car boot before and was about to buy one on ebay for £20 odd quid, so I grabbed this while trying not to look too keen and push the price up! It's American and complete, but with an English blade.

This has been my first year at the boot sales, and I'm impressed with what you can get for little money, I really had no idea they would yield such great results. Most of it has been useful, after a bit of a clean up, and that which wasn't was sold on. Smashing.

Don't know what I'm going to do with myself at the weekends now. Might have to do some woodwork :shock:. Just don't tell the missus, she'll have me decorating...

Well done Scouse... I like almost all of that haul :lol: :lol:
Love US Stanleys so that's a tick... what's the blade. I got an old No4 recently and it had a Diamic blade in it... amazing blade indeed.
Spokeshaves nice, will tune a treat.
The Disston - very tasty.
Mixed on the Yankee... as you know already I don't have much time for screwdrivers.
A talented shopper indeed... no North Bros braces there today then??

Amazing haul Scouse me ol' mukka! =D>

I particularly like the rebate plane too.....that is simply gorgeous and worth three times the total haul price!

I've been looking for an old one of those too...so far no luck but we still have a few left down here in the tropics! :mrgreen:

Jim

Back