The LAST Bootfair?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What budget do you give yourself Jim?
I've had a reasonable day. Brought a 220 record block plane for £10 in good condition and a 078 record rebate plane that will need a bit of work to tidy it up for £3. Also a 5ft sash clamp for £8 and a triangle oil stone for 50p.
My father uses drill bits that have to morse taper on one end for metal working and I've brought loads over the years for him at boot sales

I try to keep to £25 Kev....and it normally works...

The problem is...if I take too much...I will ultimately spend it!

I did "accidentally" take £50 this bright Sunday morning...but still only spent £25!

I got an ICOM Marine band radio for £18....a superb full face mask for 50p....a 7" Record No.52E quick release vise (yes another one!) for a mere £3, a can of barrier spray...(much nicer than cream!)...for a squid....and a piece of wood for vertically stacking DVDs...

The guy said..."You know what that is for?"....."Stacking DVDs"......

I said "Not now it ain't" as I handed over 50p....."It's for hanging chisels up on the wall!"

He hadn't thought about that! He wanted it back...so I said he could have it back for a fiver....as I sauntered off to the car grinning! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No pictures cos I had to go to work afterwards...sorry.... :oops:

Jim

jimi43":1dn5cki5 said:
The guy said..."You know what that is for?"....."Stacking DVDs"......

I said "Not now it ain't" as I handed over 50p....."It's for hanging chisels up on the wall!"

He hadn't thought about that! He wanted it back...so I said he could have it back for a fiver....as I sauntered off to the car grinning! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ruthless :shock:

Latest posts

Back