The human mind

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
In waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,
But the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

Was sent the above by a friend of mine and everybody that has seen it thinks its great so i thought i would share it with you.

Derek.

The human mind is great at matching patterns. And for some people (as shown in Rain Man for example) they have a very natural gift for being able to put things in the right order.

Don't knock it too hard - we know someone who is extremely dyslexic and that's probably not so far away from how he'd write it out. He left school last year not having passed any GCSE's, and yet he's a young lad that you wouldn't call thick by any means.

I feel pity for people who suffer this ailment. I think we all get a bit mixed up with some words - I'm still not sure whether I spell the word "weird" or "wierd" for example - the first one looks right but I remember the old maxim I before E except after C - and that confuddles the hell out of me!

Andrew

HandyMac":2jwbng4w said:
Don't knock it too hard - we know someone who is extremely dyslexic and that's probably not so far away from how he'd write it out. He left school last year not having passed any GCSE's, and yet he's a young lad that you wouldn't call thick by any means.

My brother is dyslexic he is 25 now and he too left school with no gcse grades but he is not that bright i don't mean to sound harsh but i can't think of any other way to put it. On the other hand he is one hell of a worker i have never met anyone that gives as much as him when it comes to hard labour and that i think is a good quality and places where he has worked allbeit factory work have noticed it to so when he was laid off early last year he was working again on a decent wage within 3 weeks from a factory that he left. So just because someone may not be very good at reading and writing excells in other ways.

Derek.

I agree - I have a view that schooling is wasted time for some youngsters. Reason being that the curriculum they are forced to follow will not help them earn a living later on. It will if they can do the sums and write essays, but that leaves some out in the cold.

I'd be all for schools being able to teach youngsters practical things as part of the syllabus. Painting and decorating, or bricklaying for example. And at the same time these schools could get a makeover they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.

I'm not talking about slave labour, just equipping the kids with something useful that everyone could gain something from.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back