The Hardwood Offcut Shop - Brentwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a look at their website....

20157473_1395096053860870_8303208490652271138_o.jpg

WTAF!±!?!?±!£

Sounds a brilliant place. Will the next Forum visitor/s please TELL him to open a branch in Switzerland (even "down the bottom" in the Italian- or French-speaking area)!

AES

Popped in for the first time yesterday.
Fantastic place for the hobby woodworker and/or woodturner.
Great selection of various hardwoods, in large and small sizes, everything priced (incl vat) so you know exactly how much you are spending.

Tim very friendly and helpful.
If he does not have exactly what you want on show then there is a massive warehouse next to the showroom which is an Aladins cave of hardwood from his joinery business. You can have a look around, mark up what you want and Tim will get it out for you, but you may have to go back later to collect if it is not easily accessible.

Please every one who is in striking distance, go along and support this business to make sure it continues.

(no connection other than I live in Essex and do woodwork).

Martingchapman":14ohxhwi said:
Popped in for the first time yesterday.
Fantastic place for the hobby woodworker and/or woodturner.
Great selection of various hardwoods, in large and small sizes, everything priced (incl vat) so you know exactly how much you are spending.

Tim very friendly and helpful.
If he does not have exactly what you want on show then there is a massive warehouse next to the showroom which is an Aladins cave of hardwood from his joinery business. You can have a look around, mark up what you want and Tim will get it out for you, but you may have to go back later to collect if it is not easily accessible.

Please every one who is in striking distance, go along and support this business to make sure it continues.

+1 great gem of a place and a friendly timber proprietor for a change!!

Pop down on the last Saturday of the month and you'll get a chance to meet up with fellow woodworkers.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Martingchapman":d2v5elsj said:

Exactly. I thought I had already said this, but I wish we had something similar in easy reach down Bristol way. Maybe lots of other people around the country will copy the idea - I certainly hope so.

It's an idea that should be easy enough to replicate. Issue being that you need a mind like Tim to oversee it. From the brief chat or two I had it was purely an idea, it worked and he pushed it. Gradually. But without that bounce of massive personality to welcome hobby types into what is essentially a commercial offcut shop it might be hard to pull off. The fact he is an incredibly gregarious character is key. Proper energy.
Pauper and Prince. All are welcome.
You'll all get the same friendly spiel on entry.
Long may it continue.
Is it repeatable on a consistent basis? Not so sure.
Juggling a lot of balls to make it work I would say.

Tyler's near Andover have recently opened something similar but it only seems to be about the size of a double garage with nowhere near the stock of this place - Rob

Back