The Grammar Thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I'm referring to this thread, The Joke Thread
You seem unable to appreciate that this is no longer 'The Joke Thread'.

I don't know how, but it has now been designated separately as 'The Grammar Thread'.

It's all good @Suffolkboy , I just like certain threads to be kept on track,
that's all. :)
If I recall correctly - you complain if posts do not make reference to woodwork even though this is specifically the 'Off Topic' section, so it seems that you are doubly confused since one would not expect humour in a 'Grammar' thread.

I remember this exercise from school that demonstrated the importance of punctuation.

Punctuate the following (note that some words may require an initial capital but to show them here would over-simplify the exercise).

"that that is is that that is not is not is that it it is"
TO QUOTE MANUEL - "Que ?"

I remember this exercise from school that demonstrated the importance of punctuation.

Punctuate the following (note that some words may require an initial capital but to show them here would over-simplify the exercise).

"that that is is that that is not is not is that it it is"
Easy
"that, that, is, is, that, that, is, not, is, not, is, that, it, it, is."

You seem unable to appreciate that this is no longer 'The Joke Thread'.

I don't know how, but it has now been designated separately as 'The Grammar Thread'.

That post, and my other post, have been imported from the joke thread. They now appear
completely out of context.

Last edited:
I'll bring the subject under discussion to wood.

The use of annular rings to describe the annual growth rings of early and late wood in sawn timber.

Honestly !

Back