The good, the bad, the...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noel":28g2b4u5 said:
Don't think so Alf. The friend/foe facility is an option for each individual user so to stop quotes you'd need to block the person quoting and if you started doing that, well, would kinda get lonely. If it were possible to not show quotes the text from the person quoting will no doubt refer to the quote and.....well, you get the picture.

It could be done using regex patterns.

Hi Noel, and all. I'd say do just that, close it. I didn't want to start another bickering session, and I am sorry if I did. Most of what I said originally went un-noticed I feel... about the range of skills, expertise, experience. And giving that sufficient space for all to benefit from. For my small part I will continue to contribute, learn, share. But on balance I agree, this has turned into a thread 'malais'. Coup de grace, Noel... s'il vous plait.

All those who are moaning about this thread and complaining about insults etc, why not have another read through and see how many insults you can find?

And then look to see who wrote them.

There's only three words that could be considered insults.

"timid and feeble-minded" was used by one poster
and
"bit of a . sometimes" was used by another poster about the former.

That's it. The rest of the thread has put forward some views but none of it could be considered insulting.

Jacob is the Victor Meldrew of UKW :shock: . Hes a bit like a grumpy old grandad who smells faintly of wee and cough sweets but whos reminisings of the wor (Probably the Boer in Jacobs case :lol: ) are fascinating . Yes he loves an argument, but it takes two to have one, if you dont like what hes saying then ignore it. :roll:
This is the best forum by far because of Jacob etc not inspite of. Take away the Jacobs and what do you get, The Shaven Haven and who wants that :roll:

Alan Jones":2ikwn1s3 said:
Jacob is the Victor Meldrew of UKW :shock: . Hes a bit like a grumpy old grandad who smells faintly of wee and cough sweets but whos reminisings of the wor (Probably the Boer in Jacobs case :lol: ) are fascinating . Yes he loves an argument, but it takes two to have one, if you dont like what hes saying then ignore it. :roll:
This is the best forum by far because of Jacob etc not inspite of. Take away the Jacobs and what do you get, The Shaven Haven and who wants that :roll:

Hear Hear. =D>

Except the bit about Jacob smelling of wee. I've not been close enough to him to know for sure. :wink:

Roy

I don't smell of wee all the time you know - it was crowded room and a very hot day!
Thanks for that anyway.
I'm sure this forum would get along quite well without me but looking at the list of contributors on this thread, maybe some of them should be considering their positions? I feel they would be much happier with the Shaven - it's their natural home, they all sing from the same sheet and think the same thoughts, all peace and tranquility.
I'm only thinking of them, they are welcome here too, I couldn't give a toss either way!

Thats quite a tash your avatars got Roy :shock:

Reckon my Molly's beats it though :mrgreen:

photo (23).JPG

Attachments

• photo (23).JPG
    photo (23).JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 274
Not an avatar it's Roy the boy himself isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back