The first of the 2015 challenges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must confess that I have not even thought at what I am going to make. It probably will be something that I will throw together near the time. If I remember I will try and take some photo's of how I do mine.

Attempt 1 - see above. It has a lid, but that's about all you could say for it.
Attempt 2 - discovered a nasty void in the wood once I'd got it round - scrapped
Attempt 3 - saw a skew chisel and part of it ran away (very quickly over my left shoulder ....) - scrapped
Attempt 4 - finally completed and photographed. It may not be perfect, but at least it's something ;-)

Good to know there is something :)
I am still working on mine but not sure if it will be the final version yet.

Grahamshed":f0j7fovy said:
Good to know there is something :)
I am still working on mine but not sure if it will be the final version yet.

Mine is already done Graham, but like you I may just make another one and let the family decide on which one to enter.
Cheers
Andy

I have got to get into gear for this too, I have an idea, but I really need to get started.

Maybe this will help. By pure chance my turning club ran a practical workshop recently to teach proper technique for lidded boxes and we spent quite some time documenting a little tutorial. Luckily one of our number is a bit of a whizz with Sketchup so he also boiled it down to a diagrammatic form over which we laid some written instructions.

For those of you unfamiliar with lidded boxes this should really help because it describes all the critical work mounting and cutting procedures. Ignore the design, that's up to you. Because we were in a teaching environment we wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

Hope this helps.

Right...I cant upload either doc or pdf format so can I suggest anyone after that described above pm me with e mail address and I'll send it directly to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back