The end.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that report suggesting that we're not having enough children?

If that is what it's saying, then the author hasn't visited Pitsea. It has to be the single-mother capital of England. 10,000 council flats with a single mum (dripping with gold) and at least a couple of kids in each. I went to Pitsea Library once. It was divided into 2. The '0-5' section on the left, and 'How To Claim Benefits' on the right. If Japan wants them, I'll happily contribute to the air-fare. One way ticket ONLY.

Roy

It is what I have been saying for ages. The planet has too many people. I don't care if they are white, black, Asian....too many people..period.

And no, we don't have any kids.

doorframe":2s5jj0sm said:
the author hasn't visited Pitsea.

No skills":2s5jj0sm said:
Roy, dare I say most areas in thurrock are fairly similar :cry:

*sigh* sometimes I find myself wondering why I didn't move somewhere else when I had the chance

Be careful what you wish for. The current working age population and their children are what pays state pensions and all the other services and benefits we have come to rely on. While it might be good for the planet if there were less of us I for one would rather we had a controlled decline in population rather than just going into free fall which is what is currently happening. The 'chavs' having three kids then living off the state aren't even nearly getting us up to replacement rate (about 2.1 children per female). I read something a while back by an economist that claimed a country with a birth rate under 1.9 would face financial ruin within two generations, our birth rate is currently 1.7!

While not said out loud I'm pretty sure successive Governments immigration policies of "just let everyone in" has more to do with boosting the number of working age people than it does with an inability to stop people coming here. While I would rather have seen less immigration over the last 30 years it has plugged a gap of several million working age people that we would otherwise have.

I think it sums up the youth of today at a window frame fabricator I know.
He took a lad for a week's job experience. Lunch time on his first day he was
asked how he was getting on. His reply was, pipper this, my feet hurt with standing
all morning. If this is work then I will join my dad on the dole.
Need more be said?.
Willy.

I am obviously not allowed to repeat what he said( too strong for delicate beings like you maybe)
bit it began with a B.

People who are in genuine need should get the help they require, those who are capable of working but, supposedly, can't get a job should be made to earn any benefits they get, or not get them. There's loads of things they could be doing so why let them sit on their arris?

That is almost word for word the statement of a Liberal peer, Lord Beveridge!

Roy.

studders":3phy1ikp said:
People who are in genuine need should get the help they require, those who are capable of working but, supposedly, can't get a job should be made to earn any benefits they get, or not get them. There's loads of things they could be doing so why let them sit on their arris?

+1

Latest posts

Back