The day I almost out-gloated Philly and Chris...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice one neil you jammy begger :wink:
will it be called THE NEW IRISH WORKSHOP :norm:
did you and the wife go for a sit down and a drop of stout to calm you down after seeing that little setup :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion4: :eek:ccasion5: \:D/ \:D/

Thanks, guys :D

Pete W":219b6rwc said:
I hope the the latter leaves you some quality time with the former. Or do I have that backwards :? :lol:
Humm... you may have a point there, Pete - maybe this workshop is going to be no use to me whatsoever! On the other hand, we have NO furniture having sold it all with our house, so sacrifices will just have to be made to give me more workshop time :wink: :lol:

Frank":219b6rwc said:
will it be called THE NEW IRISH WORKSHOP :norm:
Frank, I'm afraid that I have no suitable checked shirts and my tablesaw is an embarrassment, but maybe I could offer it as a studio for the new H&L series 'Woodworking, Philly-Style' - conditional upon all his tools being left there in between series, of course :wink:

Neil

Neil":39ksva47 said:

or Discovery Realtime as it will be known from the 7th of May. I think that way it allows them to ditch the home stuff (except property programs) and focus on cars and fishing!:x

T

Yeah-I get the impression that its the end of WW programs for Discovery. They are going for a larger audience. Pity......... :?
Philly :D

You could always do a live video feed to Philsville.co.uk, Philly :p

Cheers,
Neil

Hi all

tim":156ilrf1 said:
or Discovery Realtime as it will be known from the 7th of May.

I think you've all got the spelling wrong, it should be Reel Time.

Cheers
Neil

PS Apologies to Alf, as I think she posted this first.

Or eel time?

Seems to be mainly in canals so could even be 'bicycle wheel time'

if it was canadian then 'seal time'

What was that, nurse? Time for my medicat

Well done Neil, :D
on all fronts.
It reminds me of that song..............

''If i had a hangar''.....

Congrats TX

Thanks, TX :D

devonwoody":3l5h7ylg said:
When you awake you sometimes forget the dream you had.

Hard luck :twisted: :lol:
I have photographic evidence, though, DW :wink:

Cheers,
Neil

OK, the move is over (thank goodness, never again :shock:) and having got into trouble for changing my avatar I thought I had better post here quickly!

So here is the workshop from the outside (note that this is the little workshop, not the big one which SWMBO has claimed):
workshop_big.jpg

The workshop proper runs from the right hand side up to just before the little window. The woodstore (complete with lots of mahogany and red ebony left by the previous owner \:D/) is next, with the small window and small door. Then there is another small room at the far end accessed from the side, which will probably get used for non-woodworking purposes.

tim in another thread":254bx30p said:
Neil - better wear ear defenders at all times in that new workshop. When it rains (and I've heard that it can occasionally where you are) it'll be deafening under all that corrugated!
I know exactly what you mean, Tim - the thatch on my previous workshop was pretty good for soundproofing :wink:, but SWMBO's old studio had a tin roof and was pretty noisy! I've been inside this one when it has been raining fairly heavily, and it didn't seem too bad - maybe the steep pitch helped??

Pics of the inside to follow in a couple of days when I've moved all the garden stuff out :roll:

Cheers,
Neil

Ah didums Neil got the little workshop - I'm still well jealous!

Looks like a very nice building and the garden looks well kept. I think you found yourself a very rare gem indeed there. Best of luck with it, and with the impending arrival

Les

Neil

That is clearly a picture from the agent's particulars (no rain :wink: ).

It looks great but I just don't understand one thing:

Neil":1kc37164 said:
Then there is another small room at the far end accessed from the side, which will probably get used for non-woodworking purposes.

So you've given up the biggest workshop and now your giving up your finishing room?
Stop man, sit down, have a cup of tea and reappraise your actions! :lol:

Cheers

Tim

Back