The Chop, Sky History (Sky 123)Thuesday 15th 9:00

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got tatts Andy?
Nah, I had always intended to get the crest of Lancashire done on one shoulder and my old regimental badge on the other but never got around to it. Then tattoos became fashionable and who wants to end up in the same camp as the likes of David Beckham? If the day comes when the masses start getting their tattoos removed, I might reactivate the plan.

I'm quite proud to say that I really have no opinion on facial tattoos, I would like to think it wouldn't stop me employing someone with them or alter my judgement on who to send to site.
Maybe that's due to 35 years ago travelling round Aus for 2 years with a mate covered in Tats. We worked on a sheep station and the boss was visibly horrified by my mates tattoos ................ 35 years later they are still good mates, my friend travels over and visits him every year (the boss is now 90), my mate at 20 could have bought and sold the sheep station half a dozen times as he inherited 6000 acres of prime norfolk land at 19 and Aus was his last horrah before settling into running the farm.

An interesting read can't decide what's sadder though? The fact that a chap with at least some redeeming qualities was in a mental state some years ago (the tats don't appear very fresh) to firstly tattoo his face and even worse with neo-nazi symbols or the fact that there are those would never forgive him for his troubled past?

Just to change the drift of this thread a little, this forum and site must contain 100s if not 1,000s of woodworkers from across the country.
Has anyone heard of/met/know any of the contestants?
I’ve met / know Sean Evelegh. He’s also mentioned on this weeks Chestnut Products newsletter. Check out his YouTube channel. I believe he’s got a bright future.

... there must be some right saddos out there who have nothing better to do than analyse other people's tattoos.
I am late to this thread but this is the phrase that stuck out to me. I have not seen the programme so I don't know how prominent the tattoos were. To spot the 88 would someone interested in tattoos have had to examine his face any more closely than we would have examined his joinery looking for gaps? If not, does that make us all saddos?

i do remember the young lad and the video he made about making his inlaid table a few years ago. He did remarkably well for a 15 year old. Didn't click it was him straight away. Just a pity the way he has so far been portrayed does not reflect his actual level of knowledge

An interesting read can't decide what's sadder though? The fact that a chap with at least some redeeming qualities was in a mental state some years ago (the tats don't appear very fresh) to firstly tattoo his face and even worse with neo-nazi symbols or the fact that there are those would never forgive him for his troubled past?
There is no forgiveness, there is only cancel and doxxing, do not think outside of the collective or you are a homophobic. racist, nazi, transphobic, bigoted misogynist......did i miss anything? ugh now i'm offended for the people that doesnt know this show even existed.

😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Well I just watched the first episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think Lee Mack is great.

As for the tattoos ... I didn't notice it as I didn't know about the symbols off hand. However, ... I do find it odd that such a large production company wouldn't have noticed it.

Personally, I couldn't care less if someone has facial tattoos, and anyone that does really needs to get out more. But the symbols, ...yeah .. not the best thing to show on family television.

that assumes it is in his past, there is no sign that he has attempted to cover or remove them at all

I don't think he should have to remove the tattoo's, you should watch some documentaries on american high security (category A) prisons if you genuinely think this guy is a white supremacist, you've seen nothing.

Last edited:
Back