The Chop, Sky History (Sky 123)Thuesday 15th 9:00

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have Sky TV so, you guys watch it and I'll tune in here for the forensic analysis. One of the celebrity presenters is dressed as a lumberjack and I'm going to let that fact cloud my judgement. :unsure:

From the trailer, Lee Mack said that ‘the winner would be crowned Britain’s best woodworker’. Now, I suspect that this is an opportunistic cash-in on popular hobbies given how successful Master Chef, Bake Off are, and Sewing Bee is quite popular, but there weren’t guilds for those activities, mostly village & county fairs. So I would have to assume that they are aiming for amateurs rather than professionals, but that wasn’t clear from the trailer.

It could be interesting; I have found that the early series of this sort of ‘competitive’ TV are better in the early seasons where the challenges are somewhat relatable, rather than later series where the competition get ridiculous.

I mostly wish that they would bring back Scrap Heap Challenge and Robot Wars.

The scary thought is that the people who make it have probably been on here reading everything we write and trying to understand what makes us tick, because sure as eggs is eggs they won’t have a chuffing clue. A load of airy fairy liberal do gooders that haven’t done a days hard work in their lives, who don’t know one end of a plane from the other. It’s like on that restoration program where they have dressed them all up in leather aprons, I’ve never worn an apron in my life – I imagine the people that have to wear them are embarrassed.
It will probably be successful but we will all be horse from screaming at the television if we are suckered into watching it (yeah I know I’ll give it a whizz the same as all the rest of us). Ian
The winner will be crowned Britain Britain’s best woodworker? No, just the best of the rest.

Did anybody ever work out what the program was that they eventually made – presumably, or maybe not if they couldn’t find anybody more willing than us curmudgeons.

Considering that they can't even get one of the presenters names right - have a look in the synposis.... :rolleyes: production values can't be all that great.

Will Hardie on his own, maybe, but the other two? No thanks.

I wonder if this is the show Felder were selling the slightly used machines from the other day?

Back