The cheek on some people!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Today I was getting everything ready for our usual Monday bin collection. Emptied out in house recycling bin into the blue lid one. My wife also handed me a dead sunflower to put in our garden waste (brown) bin. I opened the bin to chick the dead sunflower and to my surprise, I found this.

20220814_193143.jpg

Where we live is actually a very nice area, great community and haven't come across a soul who is unhelpful or inconsiderate.

This is purely some walkers from somewhere else (we do get people parking by the shops half a mile away and go on a village walk)

Not only it's not their bin to put their rubbish in after a jolly cup of coffee, just two effing feet to the right is the recycling bin (less than half full) with a blue effing lid and with "Recycling" in Queen's English.

Had it been just the cardboard cup, I would have erupted less as that is biodegradable, but not only it had a recyclable plastic lid, but there was a balled up tinfoil stuffed in the cup when they chucked it. Means this moron had a piece of brownie or sausage roll or snack of some kind and thought this would be a good idea to do this!

Had I been there when it happened, I would have used that poor pipper as target practice with a few cricket balls.

What a dimwit!

I sympathise, we liven a quiet rural spot with a small beach nearby and visitors just use the verges to drop this kind of rubbish. So it ends up in our bin - we just have to put it there. One day it was McDonald's wrappers and our nearest branch is over 30 miles away!

That is the modern way, go to a drive through and buy a load of shieete then just open the car window and chuck out the rubbish later, go into the countryside and bring along the must have disposable barbecue so you can produce carcinogenic food, then just get up and walk away once finished leaving the mess behind whilst not even thinking about the potential for a forrest fire and of course the good old disposable cups that so many people walk around with as it probably reminds them of childhood beakers and then dispose of anyway seen fit, someones bin or just shove it in the hedge next to the bag of dog shiete that is already hanging there waiting to explode as it gasses away.

Last edited:
I would not mind if someone put the odd cup in my residual waste bin but would be annoyed if they put non recyclable in my recycling bin. It is better that it goes in the bin than on the street.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume it's an 'outsider'.
It could be anyone and unless you live in a high tourist area then the probability gets less, could be someone looking to see how you react. What you need is something that will jump out when the lid is opened.

Hard to think who it can be. My wife and I both don't drink any hot drinks, the other member is a 2 year old who can't reach the top of the bin. My father in law likes a cuppa but hates anything that he hasn't made himself or something from a nice restaurant. And we haven't had a visitor. Could be a delivery driver, I suppose, but our postie is a legend, DPD driver is a nice chap.

It could be anyone and unless you live in a high tourist area then the probability gets less, could be someone looking to see how you react. What you need is something that will jump out when the lid is opened.
Pop up Bin police mascot!

We live in a remote area with a few farms and any hardly any houses. So by definition every one is an ' outsider' as in You ain't from round 'ere are yuh ?

We live in a remote area with a few farms and any hardly any houses. So by definition every one is an ' outsider' as in You ain't from round 'ere are yuh ?
Me too and every time someone finds a stone moved, a gate disturbed or a coffee cup in the wrong bin, the local mafia collaborates to decide what type of outsider had likely committed the heinous crime.

Me too and every time someone finds a stone moved, a gate disturbed or a coffee cup in the wrong bin, the local mafia collaborates to decide what type of outsider had likely committed the heinous crime.
Sounds like a past-it, dull mafia!

I can certainly sympathise with you , I’m a bit ocd when it comes to recycling as it’s my bit to help the environment- the local council is quite strict on what can and can’t be recycled. Put my r/ bin out last week and it wasn’t emptied- large stickers plastered all over it - NO BLACK BAGS !!! Etc . Not possible I thought as I’m very careful on what goes in it - I even remove parcel tape from the cardboard and rinse out sauce bottles and ready meal tray etc . But there it was a large black bag full of someone else’s rubbish so on went the gloves and face mask and I went through it . Fortunately near the top I found a letter addressed to someone in the next street, so fuming I stormed off to deliver the rubbish back to its rightful owner , banged the door down and let rip but unfortunately the bag split and the rubbish fell to her lovely clean drive . She was shouting profanities until I showed her the letters addressed to her house- silence and I just left. Now I have to get up at 6am on recycling day so the bin won’t be filled by others .

I can certainly sympathise with you , I’m a bit ocd when it comes to recycling as it’s my bit to help the environment- the local council is quite strict on what can and can’t be recycled. Put my r/ bin out last week and it wasn’t emptied- large stickers plastered all over it - NO BLACK BAGS !!! Etc . Not possible I thought as I’m very careful on what goes in it - I even remove parcel tape from the cardboard and rinse out sauce bottles and ready meal tray etc . But there it was a large black bag full of someone else’s rubbish so on went the gloves and face mask and I went through it . Fortunately near the top I found a letter addressed to someone in the next street, so fuming I stormed off to deliver the rubbish back to its rightful owner , banged the door down and let rip but unfortunately the bag split and the rubbish fell to her lovely clean drive . She was shouting profanities until I showed her the letters addressed to her house- silence and I just left. Now I have to get up at 6am on recycling day so the bin won’t be filled by others .
That's poetic! But unfortunate that they came all the way to your street to do that to you rather than keep it in their own house for 2 more weeks.

That's poetic! But unfortunate that they came all the way to your street to do that to you rather than keep it in their own house for 2 more weeks.
I’ve since found out that certain people in this area do this on a regular basis, they cruise the nearby streets looking for part filled bins and deposit their excess bags, worse than that a few that are to lazy to put their bins out in time for them to be collected will actually place the bins in another nearby street. I’ve spoken to the crew that empty the bins at the block of flats where I live and they are now aware that 6 bins max /12 on recycling day as it’s not fair on them either.

I genuinely cannot tell if these responses are comic genius, border-line trolling or if they are real? If the former, hats off to you, if the later apologies, and my mistake.

Last edited:
I genuinely cannot tell if these responses are comic genius or if they are real? If the former, hats off to you, if the later apologies, and my mistake.
Definitely real, if I took you down I particular street and we counted the general rubbish bins and the number of houses you like myself would soon realise the numbers don’t add up -and not by 2 or 3 extra bins more like an extra 20+ . It’s only happened since the council changed to fortnightly collections. I’m not saying the o p is trivial in any way just that where I live this problem is far worse. In other nearby areas every few houses there is a old fridge freezer, or a settee and other unwanted furniture just dumped , black bags of god knows what just left because they can’t be bothered to take it to the tip . A couple of weeks ago I accidentally dropped a cigarette but - picked it up but out of nowhere a council enforcement officer promptly fined me £75. for littering. 😳😳

we take our 3 Border Collies to the beach nearby....
IT'S ALOUD along with POO BAGS....
Plus one black bin bag for each of us, which we fill easily with the rubbish left by tourists on the beach..... even seen broken glass BURIED.....
on the way from the beach there is all the rubbish bins and recycle points u could want.....
grrrrrr.......

we rent out our house in the summer and we always point out where to leave their recycle....we offer to collect and dispose of it properly, 8times outta10 it's all gets put with the rubbish.....
most of the tourist are BRIT'S.......!!!!!!!!!!!

Back