Quantcast

The Build Begins (Workshop in Garage)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

DBT85

Established Member
Reaction score
You didn't get a box of Felix in palce of your PS5 then Bill? 🤣

How many times have you now put a cleat in and gone "ahh, very satisfying"?

billw

The Tattooed One
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't get a box of Felix in palce of your PS5 then Bill? 🤣
Haha I read about that this morning! The box corner had been torn open though so I guess someone might have considered half-inching it.
How many times have you now put a cleat in and gone "ahh, very satisfying"?
It was very satisfying to do a really simple job and not make any mistakes! I've probably just cursed myself for doing the second set now....

billw

The Tattooed One
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Finished the second set. Also added one of the blanks to the light panel. Trying to figure out the best way to stop it sagging, I think cables into the ceiling seem the best bet.

Next up: designing some of the clear fixtures on sketchup. That will help clear the floor a bit.

570EACF5-216D-49D1-9FB0-7B7B95457DD3.jpeg

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
I think cables into the ceiling seem the best bet.
I’d take your cables back to the wall at around 45 degrees rather than up to the ceiling, that way if you’re turning a sheet of ply wood etc there’s less chance of hitting the cable with disastrous effects.😵

billw

The Tattooed One
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I’d take your cables back to the wall at around 45 degrees rather than up to the ceiling, that way if you’re turning a sheet of ply wood etc there’s less chance of hitting the cable with disastrous effects.😵
Ah I meant those metal cables you can screw into fixings and the ceiling, not using the actual electrical cable!

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
Ah I meant those metal cables you can screw into fixings and the ceiling, not using the actual electrical cable!
Yes I meant the fixing cables not the electrical cables, taking them back to the wall holds just as well as going up to the ceiling but get in the way less.