The Boss wants the boss gets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sed9888

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
The boss has asked me to make her a keepsake box, I could just knock up a box stick some hinges on a clasp and be done, but I'd like to make a nice one, nothing over fancy my woodworking skills are not at a high level yet, however if I take my time I can turn out some descent stuff now, so if anyone has any plans or ideas photos etc I would be grateful
regards
Peter

This Momento box was to go on a new yacht and so we designed the outer shape to mirror the tumblehome shape of old sailing ships, The top of the box was a thin slice from an oak burr.
A992ED96-711D-4937-BA09-0D180FA442DD.jpeg
ACA979DF-DFA3-4E38-807A-365677C71840.jpeg

Sorry forgot to say the bit you really wanted to know, we (My son and I) just mitred the corners to a perfect fit and glued it up, that’s it on the yacht if you hadn’t noticed it by the way.

Have you looked on Youtube Peter? There are hundreds of ideas including some clever hinge options.
Hi and in answer to your question yes but boy its a mine field like you say hundreds, I just thought by asking on here it might just narrow it down a bit, thank you for finding the time

Personally this is where I find Instagram a real bonus when searching for ideas, I’ve just searched on there #keepsakebox & it bought up over 85K imagines.
whilst admittedly not all are relevant an awful lot are, there’s some tremendous designs that are easy & quick to view & scroll through.

What yacht is that Cabinetman?

Looks like a spirit yachts to me??

Cheers James
I’m sorry James I don’t know, it was brand-new and belonged to one of the richest women in the world and my daughter who worked on the yacht asked me to make this as a present from the crew to commemorate the launch, sorry but I can’t say anymore as she is under a (lifetime )contract commitment not to discuss anything at all. Ian

Back