The Beverly Hilbillies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
I found the first episode on utube, and then I found a lot more.

Everyday for a week or more now I watch an episode while enjoying my vittles.

Just as funny as it ever was, in fact even more so than when I first saw it.

I intend to show an episode to the grand kids to see how they react.

I'd like to be there to see how they react....
Have enough trouble explaining £ S Pence......hahaha....

we had visitors once, the wife took the dogs and this 8-9 year old boy along for a walk.....
She said when she gets home she must take a tablet for a head ache......hahahha......can u imagine what went thru his mind....
oh happy days.....

I seriously thought this was going to be a sarcastic post about the royal kids who left and moved to the west coast of the USA.

TBH is probably still on TV all over the place here now that digital TV includes 2 to 5 extra channels for each broadcaster (intead of getting about 8 channels, you get about 30 over the air, and most are filled with shows that don't cost much to recast - like TBH).

Funny show, though. Probably kernels of truth in how some of the folks are portrayed.

When my dad was a kid, they lived rural and were poor (but his dad was college educated and was a teacher - just straining with a non-working spouse and 9 kids, so they had a farm). There was a fellow who wasn't a lot different than TBH characters - he lived in the "milkhouse", an old concrete block building with no insulation and a dirt floor. Had almost nothing in it but shotgun shell reloading equipment (how he made enough to get by) and a wood stove. Haven't got a clue why he was single his whole life, but by then he'd settled into it and wasn't going to be swayed into being like everyone else.

Those old folks had all kinds of weird words. They called the bathroom the pot because in their youth, it was literally a pot in the winter to be carried out to the outhouse so as not to do a squatty when it was 10F outside. My grandmother would make disgusting stuff from time to time (like dandelion wine) even though she was prim and proper when leaving the property. We'd walk around outside and say "grandma - there's a bug on your neck, you should get it off" and rather than swatting it away, she'd say "Let him get into my trenches and I'll gas him!"

I used to love Sergeant Bilko ............... anyone remember Harry Speakup episode?

Back