The Best Woodwork I have Ever Seen.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

thought I would share this link with you. This is, as the title says, the most amazing woodwork I have ever seen.........I have seen one of them "in the flesh" (Split Personality in the Art gallery of West Australia). I got moved along by security because I stared at it for so long.

Have a look at the "Gun" series. The website isn't finished yet, and there are over 40 images in this sequence despite it saying there are only 15. The close-ups are jaw-dropping!

http://www.michaelcooper.us/

Enjoy!!

Mike

Gobsmacking stuff.

It's all a bit wacky for my taste. But the fine attention to detail is of superhuman proportions. I'd love to understand how these people's minds work.

Whow indeed this is the best I've ever seen.

Not only the craftsmanship, wood selection, grain patters, detail are more than superb but the subjects, style, chosen form, and artistic expression are ehmm near indescribable good.

michaelcooper.jpg

Laura,

amazing, isn't it!

I don't know how you grabbed those images, nor the rights and wrongs of using images from other web-sites..........but I do know that I have been trying to get permission to use some images of Mike Cooper's for many months now. I don't think he uses a computer, and his secretary just keeps on saying she will help but not doing anything.....

Still, those couple of pics should encourage one and all to view the site..........the work is truly staggering!!

Mike

He certainly has an incredible attention to detail that I don't have the time or the patience for, but I do love to look at and admire others work. Thanks for posting the link.

Some marvelous work, trouble is with work like this is that its only really appreciated by folk that have worked with wood or are artists themselves, dont you think.

Apart from Aidan of course :D

mike G

That makes me feel inferior!!!
I have just finished dovetailing a letter box box (goes on back of the gate, behind post slot and catches letters, keepin 'em dry and safe. dunno its real name!!) and think I may start again!!!!

In fact...........

I remember staring at a guy outside the carving tent at Westonbirt. All he was doing was whittling a little character with some very basic tools. It took the missus to drag me away.

motownmartin":8zhhixe7 said:
Some marvelous work, trouble is with work like this is that its only really appreciated by folk that have worked with wood or are artists themselves, dont you think.

Isn't that the case with all art except for pop art hence the name?

tnimble":2avfcfcm said:
motownmartin":2avfcfcm said:

If that were the case it would render all art pointless. Thankfully not so.

Cheers Mike

tnimble":21sdnedg said:
motownmartin":21sdnedg said:

I don't think so, I like some paintings but I don't paint myself.

mr":140wpn9v said:

Cheers Mike
Art is considered pointless by a massive amount of people. The brought lack of appresiation and understanding of art is what taints a lot of nowadays exhibition to be more like an entertainment park filled with animatronics, games, audio and video.

tnimble":gf51g6wn said:
mr":gf51g6wn said:

Cheers Mike
Art is considered pointless by a massive amount of people. The brought lack of appresiation and understanding of art is what taints a lot of nowadays exhibition to be more like an entertainment park filled with animatronics, games, audio and video.

Not in my experience, but then whether art is considered pointless by a "massive amount of people" and whether art is actually pointless are two separate issues.

Cheers Mike

I'm claiming Mike Cooper's work as the best woodwork I have ever seen. Is this your submission for that category?? :D

Mike

........and how's that kick-start ever going to work?

For those who might have forgotten what the original post was about, here is the link again:

http://www.michaelcooper.us/

There are a whole lot of bits there that I cannot imagine how they were made............never mind the art, what do you think of the woodwork?

Cheers

Mike

Back